Unai Emery

Yeah that whole “we can only loan” was a f*ing shambles… you’re right with Perisic we glide into 3rd.

3 Likes

Apologies I read that wrong, I thought you meant Perisic wouldn’t have improved us.

I totally agree but it was really surprising how many didn’t seem to have any interest in him when he was exactly what we were crying out for.

1 Like

Guessing it was the combination of age, wages, and perhaps transfer fee (which apparently we had already spent 100% of our budget there)…

I still have a modicum of hope on the degenerates in charge of our club.

They’ll wait until top 4 is basically guaranteed before extending anything, or exercising that third year. Or until the end of the season, and if we don’t finish top 4/win the Europa League again then sayonara.

1 Like

With Iwobi and Mhki/unknown as wide players, can’t be too optimistic.

Perisic doesn’t deliver consistently enough for me to have had any faith in him having a strong impact on our end of season.

2 Likes

No but he’s far more effectual than Iwobi, Mkhy and Suarez. People said he was too old and a further plethora of reasons not to sign him, but all that was white noise to me.

I wanted him soley due to the fact he would marginally improve us and help give us a greater chance at top 4. We sat on our hands like we always do and Chelsea took a risk on an aging improvement in Higuain. Did his goals directly influence them getting top 4, no, but in the end it took a little burden off their wide players.

Chelsea are where they are and we are where we are. We make the wrong decision at every opportunity and in many cases us making no decision at all is the ultimate killing blow in our futures.

1 Like

I really hope the club develop a vision and this coming season is the end of Unai Emery, with him as I’ve said numerous times I think we’re just flinging shit against a wall and hoping something sticks. Which it nearly did regarding a CL place this season, but I still reckon that’s as far as he’ll ever take us.

Bottom line, if you can’t beat one of Palace or Brighton at home for CL football I don’t see you qualifying, you’re not going to get a better opportunity than that.

1 Like

Either the players did not respond to Emery’s instructions, or his tactics were too shit.
Both not good.

Go find a mirror, mate…

8 Likes

How can you get things right, when everything started from Anal???

I even misread it as “Welcome Anal”…

We should have known… it wouldn’t be good

And then? He sees a manager who wants to improve next season hence he asks questions to his players and staff.

Now how about these cunts on the pitch look into the mirror? Especially the ones who have defensive roles.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Not good ebening…

1 Like

Under this regime, we’re always going to be flinging shit agaisnt a wall and hoping it sticks. As I said before no top quality coach in that first tier will touch this job, until we start becoming a regular sight once again in the CL and show some ambition. Even then they probably won’t be tempted. Any up and coming manager will still work under the same restraints as Emery. Sure he could be lucky and happen to fall upon lucky signings and a top quality youth players and prove a success. But let’s be honest, that’s 100 and 1 shot at best.

I back any new coach who comes in for at least two seasons. I hope he proves you and doubters wrong, but with this board and the names been mentioned as transfer targets doesn’t fill me with much hope he will.

I think it’s too early to judge him. We played much better against the spuds last season and before Bellerin and Holding got injured we were flying. I agree the end of season collapse was disappointing but he did pick up a shit show. Next season will show what he’s made of but the club does need to give him a decent attacking mid/wing, a left back who can defend and above all a replacement for Mustafi if we are to judge him fairly.

3 Likes

Not sure if it’s been posted already :thinking:

1 Like

Good news for Emery is he won’t get any criticism from Cech !!!

Have to say, Arsenal better make overtures throughout 19/20.

At this point, in my mind I say Arsenal invoke the break clause on Emery’s deal at the end of next season.

1 Like

If we can get Allegri at the end of 19/20 that would be fantastic. That’s just the guy we need.

10 Likes