Unai Emery

Well, would you look at this. A run of home wins and everyone is sucking each other’s dicks like we just won the CL. It’s a good thing our away form is stellar.

3 Likes

Good stuff. If we come 3rd and win the EL the guy deserves an applause. Starting to play some good football finally.
Who would’ve thought Rambo and Ozil are so integral to us? :hushed:

Can’t be more gross than this, and don’t count me in on this.
I don’t let guys to suck mine :joy::joy::joy:

Enjoy it, we are 3rd. Should be happy for that.
A great start for the week.

Let’s suck all the enjoyment out of a win.

1 Like

ITS A GOOD EBENING FOR US ALL :unai:

6 Likes

It has been decent. We lost points in nine away games. Five of those were against top six opponents which we don’t play anymore.

I’m glad he managed to navigate that difficult period during the Winter months where results were starting to drop and performances were very inconsistent. He was under a bit of pressure and doubts were definately starting to creep around a little in places.

We always said that this season there were going to be high points, and moments where we’d struggle and we’d have to see how Emery dealt with that. Of course the season is not over yet, but he’s done a very creditable job this year, with a team that while is good, is lacking in depth.

What’s also interesting to see is defensively, which looked like no improvements were made, we’ve actually started to develop a pattern of regular clean sheets lately, which is pretty good to see, considering the injuries and quality we have available atm.

3 Likes

He’s got the 6th best squad in 3rd place at the moment. Not bad at all.

9 Likes

Just the one guy you let do it then?

1 Like

Shit… let you caught this…

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

1 Like

I think he deserves more credit than that tbh.

1 Like

The season’s not over. I’m not getting on the roller coaster, thanks.

He’s got the 6th best team in 3rd position. He’s pulled it around after a dodgy Christmas period

Nah, don’t let Wenger’s worse season fool into think Emery is working miracles here. Many people said if you put a half decent manager here he’d be able to get results.

He’s got the squad performing near or at expectations which is good for his first season in light of other big clubs troubles

Real credit is deserved if there’s evidence he can drive the club forward into a top 3 team

1 Like

Just comment, I am not into any side… Emery good or bad.

If we can get 3rd, I think it is a great job already.
Consider the amount of money that City and Pool spent, and the money that United going to spend.
If we can get 3rd, it is already a great job.
We are 3rd now, and in a pretty good position to maintain this till the end.
Even if we miss it, we won’t be far off.
For a manager that needs to fix so many shit holes and still able to get the team to stay close in the CL race, it is good if not great.

1 Like

The rest of the (Premier League) schedule is shit. Obviously there will be a draw or loss in there of which we are all going to think wtf is this shit. But it shouldn’t be too much at all to ask/demand at least five wins out of the remaining seven games.

1 Like

If we get 3rd and an EL win in his first season. That will be better than anything Wenger won (FA cups) in the last decade.

1 Like

The truth is though he’s built up a formidable home record with the best consecutive win streak in 20/21 years. He’s got a solid record in his first season against the fellow “big six” and he’s done that with the 6th best squad in the top 6.

I think there’s room for improvement but I definitely think it’s harsh to be too critical of him in his first season. He’s shown tactical flexibility, made game changing substitutions and shown he has ruthlessness to drop key players for different games depending on their suitability for the fixture.

The early signs are positive and even though I don’t think he’ll lead us to a title - I’m certain that he’s going to help build a platform of success for the club moving forward.

17 Likes

I agree with you apart from this. I am not sure many are capable of titles with the likes of mancitys spending but I feel that he isn’t any worse than klopp and he has had a lot of time and money to build so I feel if Emery has the backing he could easily do the same I feel he is good enough to get us to a title when we get rid of the dross if he could take us to 3rd in his first season when Liverpool and city are having the seasons they are having.

2 Likes