Unai Emery

It is very difficult to do and I don’t think many foreigners would be able to nail that subtle sound.

Meanwhile Unai doesn’t give a fuck about pronouncing evening correctly in English, so why should anyone do the same for Spanish.

:unai:

1 Like

It’s alright.
We all care about the team’s result and how he manage the team than his pronunciation.

There’s not any difference between V and B. Sound exactly the same. We differenciate it calling V as Veh corta (Short V) and B as Beh larga (Long B). In other places, they call V corta as U Ve (Uh veh)

2 Likes

Yes. Your mind will be blown when you realise that Xabi Alonso is just… Xavi Alonso.

:arteta:

Can someone confirm that, the legendary Barca midfielder Xavi has the same pronunciation of “Xabi/Xabier” Alonso???

So Xavi is the same as Xabi?

Yes, unless you’re really pedantic about pronunciation or have a particular dialect.

2 Likes

sorry but there’s only one person who could tell you and he has left the board.

1 Like

There’s more difference pronouncing the X than B/V.

1 Like

We have a few Scottish, they pronounce stuff the same as the Spanish so I’m sure they’ll help us out

1 Like

Thanks for confirming…
I am not into that… just to know it for knowledge… in the end, I think I will still pronounce Xabi as Xabi…

No different to the Germanic and Slavic languages pronouncing W as a V. Norwegians pronounce W as “dobbel ve” double v.

Dobble vay :joy:

I laugh everything

Dobble vay :joy:

dont forget to also roll those s’s

If we manage 3rd in Unai’s first season, that would be incredible. Above these cunts like the scum, chavs and man entitled. Solid CL spot.

Let’s get this done!

Unai at the wheel!

3 Likes

We have five away games remaining. With our away record anything can happen.

2 Likes
2 Likes

1st April; 3rd place. If we can just navigate this brutal month and get out of it in 3rd place, I’ll be fucking ecstatic.

7 Likes

“They only sing when you win”

Nice to see positive vibes around the club. Emery’s done a slightly above average job so far. More challenges ahead

1 Like

It seems spending 2 weeks in Dubai did us well. Nice idea from Emery.

Already the same points Wenger amassed in his last full season.

I won’t call that progress since many managers have had bad seasons like that one of Wenger’s, but it may be us reverting back to at least our previous status quo.

I think it’s safe to say “be careful what you wish for” was total shit as suspected. Everyone isn’t David Moyes.

16 Likes