Unai Emery

Or else…:door:

Going to give him some real credit tonight. Has turned around a horrible night last week with 2 positive performances in a week.
Was positive after thursdays match and put and executed a good plan in the united match. Confidence from that fed the belief and conviction from the start tonight that seen us progress by and large comfortably.
Not in anyway a great european night, but a more than decent tidy up job done well and good enough to give us some realistic hope of winning this trophy.

13 Likes

This guy is really a breath of fresh air after the recent Wenger years.

Unai at the wheel!

Contending for 3rd. Europa League on course. Let’s go!

3 Likes

In the last few games he has done a great job.
I know we lost to Rennes away, but some of the circumstances were out of his control.

After we lost to Man City in the PL, we won three games in a row then we drew with spurs away, in a game we deserved to win, and then beat Man U, who were the most in form team in the PL, to go above them and Chelsea.

If we had lost to spurs we could have gone more than ten points behind them but, because of our recent good form, we’re only a point behind them and we have also gone through to the quarter finals of the Europa League.

The defence seems slightly more organised in recent games, especially when Mustafi isn’t playing, and we’ve only let in three goals in our last five PL matches, including those against spurs away and Man U.

Our away form this seasons is way better than last season, even though it’s still not that good, but overall I think Emery has done really well with the limited talent, in certain positions, at his disposal.

4 Likes

Going to be a good test for Unai coming up against Carlo in the Europa League Quarter Final.

2 Likes

Unai’s got his number, let’s do it.

1 Like

Seems like Wenger vs Conte all over again.

Let’s do this shiz

1 Like
11 Likes

Love me some proper good ebening ! Ty mate !

4 Likes

A V is pronounced a B in Spanish so he can’t help himself. But, there must be one or two staffers who could have told him how to actually say Evening.

Now it’s his trademark. :unai:

2 Likes

This can’t be right. So they say B-illa or B-alencia when they mention Villa or Valencia?

Yes they do. A soft B. Definitely not a V.

1 Like

Spaniards confirming how stupid they actually are.

In my Spanish classes, I was told that v can be v or b depending on the word

1 Like

Spanish accents differ per region and definitely differ in Latin America. But Castellano Spanish is pretty much a V is a B.

So a “Victor” should be pronounced as “Bictor”??

I don’t think so as I don’t see my Spanish speak friends doing that (maybe they pronounce it in an English way, that I don’t know)

1 Like

Same basic sound, a difference is B=lip+lip, V=teeth barely touching the lower lip, in theory. It can get lost when actually speaking.

1 Like

It won’t be a hard B. More something in between a V and a B.

1 Like

I agree, but this is something that I cannot pronounce :slight_smile:

Unless anyone here is Spanish they couldn’t possibly pronounce it properly anyway.

7 Likes