Unai Emery

Wed have all settled for a draw at Brighton last season.

1 Like

Was watching Premier League years on Sky last night and honestly forget how embarrassing we were away from home. We were beaten before we started the game in every away match and the home teams knew this.

1 Like

And we’d all have settled for a draw at Bate this season.

1 Like

Aussie on a roll.
:back::on::top::fire:

Although that’s true, it just shows how far our expectation levels have fallen.

A few seasons ago that sentence wouldn’t have been considered, let alone posted, on this forum.

I dont consider myself to be part of this “we all”

1 Like

I actually wouldn’t have taken a draw either tbh, was expecting to win, so my post was more or less sarcasm at the result we ultimately achieved…

Yeah but Ozil played at Brighton in that defeat.:grinning:

What’s Conte doing next ? He’s the best available manager at the moment… maybe we should think about ringing his management in the summer.

Conte would have been such a delight in press conferences during the loan window. :confused:

Issue is going to be would they work for a pittance of a transfer budget. Dont think it will get called a war chest this year.:grinning:

Yeah that is a dilemma, wouldn’t surprise me if we’re just content with being a mid table club and stick with a midtable manager.

No chance, I think he made it clear during his Chelsea reign that he is a strong believer of “buying your success”. I think he himself had enough when Chelsea were linked to Carrol, Crouch, etc. last January. The guy will have a breakdown with us…

Yeah that’s all true, managers with a winning mentality that demand quality players aren’t really a great fit under the ownership of Stan and our board. Shame :cry:.

2 Likes

We’re not a mid table club now so this is total nonsense tbh with you. We also don’t have a mid table manager unless Sevilla, Valencia and PSG constitute as mid table clubs.

2 Likes

Mid table is a slight exaggeration I’ll admit, but we certainly aren’t a top club anymore, we’re probably heading down the path of Sevilla and Valencia which is somewhere in the middle of top club and midtable.

PSG yes they’re a top club, hence why they sacked Emery’s arse for 1 French league title in 2 years and failing to get passed the Round of 16 both seasons in the CL.

2 Likes

He was one of my favourites to take over from Wenger but was still at Chelsea.
But we wouldn’t have seen the sort of catastrophic defending we have had to endure every game if he had come here.

1 Like

If you thought Conte at Chelsea towards the end was bad how do you think he’d be like when we can’t even buy players and can barely loan them either? He’d be pulling his toupee out live on air.

Perhaps it would be worth it just to see him taking shots at Kroenke at any given oppurtunity.

5 Likes

The issue at Chelsea is the manager and executives having different visions long term and short term which leads to a breakdown in the working relationship.

Most managers would take less funds if thier relationship with excutives and their control is clearly defined. Emery has left his mark on some deals already

1 Like

What a ludicrous statement.

1 Like