Unai Emery

There’s no mesuting you about. You know ozilactly what we needed to win today.

2 Likes

At this point I’m happy if Emery can get rid of the deadweight, cut the wage bill and at least get the team back into a top 4 side by the end of his run, maybe throw in a EL or FA Cup win. I just can’t see him turning this squad into a top premier league side, he needs some serious spending. Fans inpatient already showing (which I find silly for a man only a few months into a job but that’s modern football fans especially Arsenal fans) I think Emery will have to do some serious work in the summer to get this team up to a decent level.

I think top 4 is already gone unless the likes of Chelsea have a serious meltdown, I could see this side beaten Chelsea and then losing their next few games, we are that type of side. That’s why I think Europa League and FA Cup could be this team way to success this season, one off games is where they are effective imo. But if we are been honest are this squad up to a Champion’s League level, I don’t think they are.

It doesn’t matter to me if Ozil was or wasn’t playing, it would have ended up the same score. I don’t understand the god like status he has within our fanbase, the guy’s been a disappointment since he’s signed imo.

1 Like

If you think Ozil shouldn’t be in our 18 man squad you’re kidding yourself.

As for disappointment since he signed or not, the facts are he’s created more scoring opportunities than any player in the league since he signed. Every chance he could have made a difference against a club like West Ham.

As for some people talking about his wage, I hope they realise irrespective of if he’s still in the 18 man squad or not he still gets his 300k a week, so whilst this is happening Emery should pick our best available 18, same goes with Ramsey.

3 Likes

Am not Emery Out as God knows I have a heck of a lot more patience than that, thanks in no small amount to Arsene and Arsenal, but there are a few things that he has to take responsibility for.

• With this squad of players he has to play his best 11 every game in the league, and he should know that. He should also know who his best 11 are by now. Not playing Ramsey and Torreira was a poor decision.
  • Not being able to get the team to play with more energy, urgency and desire in every game, is down to him. If the players aren’t doing it on the pitch, bring in the youngsters and send a message. He cannot let the players decide when they turn up and when they don’t.
  • Making a public statement about our inability to make signings this transfer window has just deflated the fans and probably the players as well. He shouldn’t have done it. It’s not like he is under pressure or anything. Just a bad move IMO.

I think top 4 is out of reach for us, unless Chelsea screw up massively, which is unlikely. The Europa League is probably going to be our best bet to getting into the CL. Emery will soon have to decide on where his priorities lie cause we need the money that CL football brings.

Another year out of CL could mean another unsatisfactory summer in terms of transfers and we are all too aware of how the next season will go if we don’t get the players we need in the summer. Let’s not forget, ManUtd won’t be shit next season, and will probably have a world class manager at the helm. Tough times ahead for Emery.

3 Likes

After the mistakes at west ham and previous errors im not sure Emery can cope with premier league football. Defensively we are shocking but then we knew that at start of the season. Why does he insist on playing the likes of mustafi and co. They will not improve under his guidence because they simply are not good enough. Leaving out 2 strong midfielders is not acceptable especially when we have a child like defence. The prem is a tough place to be and there is no shame in holding your hands up and walking away admitting defeat

I’m inclined to agree. I want to see Emery affect changes from the start of a game or if we’re still in the game.

The last time he did this was against Spurs at HT when he brought Ramsey and Laca on.

At Anfield, we were 4’1 down at HT before he decided to haul the shambolic mess that is Mustafi off and put Koscielny on. Why? It’s too f’ckin late then. Put Kos on in the 20th min when we’re only 2-1 down. Give Mustafi the ignominy of being a defender being substituted after just 20 mins (to the public you can tell him he’s injured, in private you can tell him he’s shit). In actual fact, it might not have changed the outcome of the result but he’s changing it, he’s managing the situation. At the minute, it all smells very Wengery.

Yesterday’s team selection, apart from Laca and Auba (who was shocking) didn’t inspire me with confidence. Even before the game started, I could tell we’d put in a lethargic display. But again, Emery ought to be thinking from minute 20, how can I change this? I clearly haven’t given the right team talk? Shall I substitute someone and make them think twice ahead of starting any other games? Shall I pass on instuctions to change the shape?

There’s a lot that can be said about being motivated as well. Do we look motivated enough to want to win a game? I honestly don’t think so, otherwise we wouldn’t be having these poor first halves

You are asking Emery to transform a donkey into a horse. That’s basically impossible or at least he needs more than fucking 6 months.
Disgusting how reactionary most of you are. Our opponents are making a mockery of us for already calling for his head.

2 Likes

No people aren’t asking Emery to do that, people are asking to see some kind of improvement and playing style identity. Also to use the resources he has to the best of his ability. Eg not leaving Ramsey, Torreira, Bellerin on the bench & Ozil not even in the squad, when we had no league or European game for 10 days prior or 7 days after West Ham.

2 Likes

I will make sure to come here in May when we make top 4 and quote every one of you making an ass of yourself.

2 Likes

Bellerin was just back from an injury. I am speechless reading this.

What about Ramsey and Torreira?

At least of them should have started.

Do you have even a tiny bit of self awareness?

6 Likes

I am not asking for Emery’s head, tbh.

I don’t think anyone on here as said Emery should be sacked at this point in time.

A fair few like myself don’t think he was the correct appointment though and I’m simply discussing some very questionable decisions he’s currently making.

For now though we sit tight, hope that his Europa League record carries on at Arsenal and it gives us a get out of jail free card for the season.

1 Like

We can’t afford better managers atm. It’s time to realize that.

We can afford better managers, Wenger was one of the highest paid managers in Europe and we’re one of the wealthiest clubs. That’s just nonsense.

If you had of said in our current plight and circumstances stances we aren’t an attractive enough destination for better managers at the moment, then that may have some substance.

2 Likes

Emery Out. Dropping Ozil and Ramsey while persisting with Xhaka is completely unacceptable.

The only reason I can think is they’re trying to force Ozil out, which is also unacceptable

Emery Out. @AbouCuellar was right on Emery…wrong on Arteta

Which ones? :rofl:

I’ve listed several times 3 or 4 managers that I would have preferred over Unai Emery, and that was in the summer.

Forget the fact I wanted Wenger canned 4 years ago prior to Liverpool nabbing Klopp :cry:.