Unai Emery

This is a big test of this group and the manager coming up now because performances have dropped off, a result has gone against us, a couple of big injuries and some big games around the corner.

It’s absolutely possible the wheels could come off these next few weeks, and it’s up to Unai to get these guys performing again. I’ll be impressed if he manages it because it’s not what would have happened in recent years.

It’s also a test of the fans to see how we react to a setback. Do we just revert to division and shitfitting or do we get behind the team that deservedly built up some good will in better times? One reaction will make things harder for the team, one might help get them going again.

12 Likes

They haven’t dropped off. The luck ran out. Arsenal has had bad perfomances throughout this season.

1 Like

We’ll lose at Anfield so Emery simply has to make sure we don’t have any slip ups vs Burnley, Brighton & Fulham in the other games in the festive period.

I feel like we are game raising cunts at the moment.

Like the shitter the team, the shitter the performance the team give.

3 Likes

While there have been bad moments in a lot of fixtures, the team has dug very deep and produced to stop those moments costing us, and that has what has run out and has looked like running out for a while. I don’t think it can simply be said that we’ve been poor throughout because you don’t get results like we have if that’s true.

5 Likes

:joy: you know what, I was just going to say this but didn’t for fear of being shot down.

Spurs are probably the ones saying this more than anyone else

Looking back it’s quite incredible how quickly Emery has managed a run like this, yeah there has been a lot of fortune and maybe it shouldn’t have lasted so long, but we did it still. With the right signings we might be even better. Hopefully.

For some reason often when we lose after a long time, it reminds me of the good old Sonic days, when you bagged a lot of coins and got hurt. :arteta:

9 Likes

Not sure why we did 5 of the back today (a formation he wasn’t using at the start of the season) when we are depleted of options, scratching my head over it.

So one loss and everyone question our validity as a side - have a bit of positivity about yourselves, we looked tired and were unlucky. Shit happens - just remember when we do turn up we can dismantle teams. Injuries to the defence have come to bite us in the arse.

2 Likes

We you can concede 3 goals from headers I wouldn’t consider the loss unlucky.

4 Likes

Id be worried if we are tired after having a week off. This time of year we can not afford to be tired with xmas coming up.

2 Likes

When have we ever lost to 3 headers before with a makeshift defence then ? You make it sound like losing is a regular occurrence.

Well not under Emery but this group of defenders plenty tbh.

Thats obvious enough so lets be a little more circumspect and understand that with our current personnel we are punching above our collective weight.

I’m not making it sound like anything. I’m just saying when you concede 3 preventable goals you’re not unlucky to lose.

And no we’re not punching above our weight, we’re sitting 5th and most people would agree that’s pretty par for the course.

1 Like

we are keeping our warchest for mega signings in the summer :henry2: :giroud:

1 Like

Mega signings who will want to play in the Europa League?

1 Like

This is a non story. Emery can’t promise signings because he’s not in charge of that.

1 Like