Unai Emery

uhuh :xhaka2:

Hmmmm. I was hoping Emery could do more with this group of slightly better than mediocre players, but reality is we are still probably the 6th best in terms of talent, so the fact that United are in such disarray is great, but we just aren’t that good.

Also I’m starting to dislike our bunch of players, snake cunts the lot of them that gave up on Arsene. He could be doing just as good a job with these guys… he wasn’t the issue. Such a shame we couldn’t get a couple years of Sven reshaping the team and then letting Wenger have a go, cuz Wenger is a proper legend.

You aren’t serious right? One bad result, our first loss in 22 and suddenly Wenger was never the issue and it’s the players?

I can name 10 reasons why in the year 2018, Emery is a better manager than Arsene. Don’t forget that those same players you accuse of being snakes were all chosen by Wenger, and most of the current squad was as well.

Whatever way you slice it, it’s his decisions that have got us to where we are with a Europa League reputation and players that aren’t good enough.

2 Likes

Yeah but we still have his shit legacy of defending too hold onto.:sunglasses:

C’mon that was very obvious :fishing_pole_and_fish: haha

Lmao if I’ve been trolled I’ll hold my hands up but there are enough people around who actually believe this stuff still lol, can’t ever tell tbh

1 Like

And shit first halves. And the beating of Spurs at home.

1 Like

You’re not going to give him the full season to make this conclusion? We’re just 17 games in.

I think Poch is just the better manager btw and that’s the main difference between us and them.

My issue with Poch is that he doesn’t know how to make in game adjustments. Against the best tacticians in the big games he falls short because he doesn’t really know how to change the game with moving players around or setting out different instructions. It’s like the Juventus game where Allegri made second half changes and Poch couldn’t respond. That happens far too often and that kind of inflexibility is what limits Poch.

By the way I’m of the opinion that Emery is the better manager. But that’s only because he’s actually got trophies to show for his success both at domestic and European level.

3 Likes

Nah I will, but looks like we are on the same trajectory league wise in Wengers average years. Even in Wengers absolute worst season we made a cup final and a European Semi. We’ll see if he can at least match those feats cup wise. We aren’t competing in the league with this garbage team.

1 Like

1st loss in 22 and somehow I don’t feel panicked but a bit relieved because of who the manager is because I have faith that he will work to get the guys back on track. If this was Arsene I would be worried that we would be out of everything before the new year and have nothing to play for.

But for Emery I feel as though he’ll be able to right the ship and keep everything running through this festive period.You can argue that we rode our luck in a few games but it’s still an accomplishment and progress to go 22 unbeaten. If this was other clubs, people would be creaming their pants.

Obviously the club needs to back Emery in the window next month but this isn’t a reason to hit the panic button. Other’s above us will drop points and allow us to catch up. It’s inevitable.

11 Likes

Totally agree. This is why I laugh when I see people saying stuff like “this is just like Wengers team” or “this is the same old Arsenal”.

Nonsense. This guy works to fix the problems he sees. Wenger, in a shamefully arrogant and foolish way, ignored them and just hoped they’d go away on their own. We can even see this within matches, so we can certainly expect Emery to identify problems and fix them over a longer period of time. It’s what he’s all about.

4 Likes

Not worried in the slightest.

Top 4 was a bonus for his first season, so we are still well on course. No one predicted he’d managerto steer us on a massive unbeaten run - I feel we have been spoiled by our good run of form and are now expecting too much.

Today’s loss was hard to take but at the same time was expected. We had a very make-shift defence and have played a flurry of games lately. One loss in 22/23 games is fucking good at any level, let alone top flight football.

We should be backing the team and the manager more so than ever and I really hope the fans don’t go into doom and gloom mode because of this defeat to Soton. Our team has improved a lot under Unai on and off the pitch, and he deserves big praise.

7 Likes

Unai should have played a different formation.

When you have zero fit defenders, you shouldn’t insist on playing 523 formation.

This is very crucial.
Over the last few years, Arsenal fans have been quick to react to individual defeats regardless of their significance. I hope they are more rational here & don’t blow their load bringing back the demoralising effect it has on players.

I’ve seen mostly rational reactions so far. The likes of the mail are probably running “defensive crisis” type headlines but that team yesterday was held together with crazy glue so it’s no real suprise it faltered. It’s a shame we couldn’t take some of the chances we did create too and on another day we’d have sneaked a 4-3 but it just wasn’t to be.

Really want to see a reaction so a LC game isn’t exactly ideal in that scenario but finals aside it’s been about 20 years since I cared we lost a game in that competition so if we do lose I won’t be too upset either. Even if it is against those cunts.

1 Like

Liverpool finished 8th in Klopp’s 1st season and you look at them now. We’ll be absolutely fine

4 Likes

With Benteke as the #1 striker. Some refurb he has done :joy:

2 Likes

Double edge sword for me this though. One its them and two it puts them very near that elusive first trophy. Plus I fear a bit the impact two defeats in a few days could have on us.
Im more optimistic on the future under Emery long term, given the funds.

1 Like

To be fair to Emery. He must do with a make-shift defence with so many injuries. Kos just back. We knew all season long that one area where we need desperate improvement is at the back.

He has done remarkably well so far and I have faith in him to continue on the right track. It’s his first season.

1 Like

Conceding three headers is bad enough against a top European club but against a poor side like Southampton who have struggled to score this season just shows what a mess Wenger has left behind.

He assembled and supposedly coached those players and that, combined with a level of complacency, has meant Emery has a big job on his hands.

If the club don’t back him heavily in the transfer market to get some quality defenders in, then the fourth place trophy is all we are going to be challenging for.

2 Likes