Unai Emery

I remember us ALL laughing at Emery for being a small dicking bum when they lost to Barca, and also one year later against that Madrid team.

Later on that year he becomes our manager. I will never forgive Gazidis. Guy needs firing off into a Gulag immediately.

2 Likes

I mean even that might’ve been excusable if he had a good body of work outside of being a small dicker for big clubs, because it’s not like we were hiring him to compete for CLs at a big club like PSG was, the problem is that, as @A.F. had pointed out when his name first started coming up after his EL wins at Sevilla, is that his body of work in the league wherever he has been was uniformly uninspiring.

In short, the guy fluked into 3 EL cup wins with Monchi, winning a competition even last season Wenger probably would’ve won if it weren’t for Atléti aberration, and duped his way into the PSG job and then the Arsenal job (with a big helping hand from the incompetence of Gazidis and let’s pray not Raúl too) thanks to them.

It just shows how flukey cup runs can be, Emery someone wins 3 Europa League titles and frauds his way into head coaching positions at PSG & Arsenal…

1 Like

Not as big a feat as Mourinho frauding his way to #1 on @A.F 's list :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Winning the Europa League 3 times in a row is flukey? Now that is delusional thinking.

Wenger didn’t win either EL or CL in his 20 years at Arsenal for god’s sake.

And no @AbouCuellar you are still dead wrong about it being an indefensible appointment. If you cared for facts and logic you’d know by now.

Maybe you’re jealous Xhaka is bff’s with him and not you, I don’t know why else you would go to such illogical lengths to defend your position.

There isn’t even a right back in that graphic?!?

lmao

Wenger didnt win the EL league cos he didnt play in it.

Emery winning the EL doesnt make him better.

1 Like

Except that he did in 17-18. lmao :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Let’s not forget 99/00 too. Where Wenger contrived to lose on penalties to an average Galatasaray side with a quality Arsenal team that featured Tony Adams, Overmars, Bergkamp, Henry and Vieira.

Ultimately, despite all the bad bits and the long and drawn out end to his career with us, I love Wenger and respect him for so much of what he did during his tenure. But I’m not sure there’s ever been as a great manager who has such a poor European record, one so defined by underachievement.

10 Likes

Wenger won the Champions League when it mattered >>>>>>>> Klopp won when it was already past the sell by date.

Great squad, currently 3rd and 1 point behind the second (City), amazing start start in EL yet I feel so unenthusiastic about the team. :pensive::neutral_face:
To me it doesn’t feel like we are doing well but rather our rivals are doing much worse.

1 Like

Baldy losing at home to relegation area Wolves, Emery one point behind baldy, what a strange season

We have some good players, mostly in attack… but we play the worst football of the top 6-7… and that isn’t easy with Utd and Spurs playing the way they are…

1 Like

3rd in the league

Haters gonna hate :unai:

2 Likes

We have a talented squad this year. They are dragging Emery kicking and screaming to top 4 tbh. If we get a proper manager we could legit challenge with a couple upgrades.

2 Likes

Think we could get top four, win Europa and still see him binned. You can’t get rid of a manger in the circumstances we are in right now but at the end of a season with a major international tournament it’s fair game.

2 Likes

We’re going to scrape third through virtue of how poor everyone else is and Emery is unfortunately going to be given another year.

Which means we’re going to be subjected to another year of this dog shit football.

11 Likes

He’s getting the results but the performances in the PL are worrying me.

The football we are currently playing under Emery is like a broken beer bottle scraping my eyes, but we are 3rd and doing well in EL. So all that is left is hoping the rest around us keep playing as shit as they have been :man_shrugging:t2:

Shit performance but credit where its due Sideshow Bob earned his 3 points back :rofl: