Unai Emery

Yeah I’ve reached a point where I have no interest in entertaining this guy anymore. It speaks volumes about him that he has such a strong opinion on how shit this place is yet he keeps popping back in to remind us of this fact.

2 Likes

Yep, and guess when this forum is full of the most shit? Whenever Abou Diaby’s face pops up.

2 Likes

It all depends on your definition of shit I suppose. Every time I read one of your posts the smell of feces reaches me all the way across the Atlantic. :grimacing: Typical North American without a thing to say about the sport, without an apice of insight to be offered, but because you express yourself relatively well basically get away with it with the great number of dullards that inevitably inhabit a football forum.

OK, maybe six months is the wrong time frame, let’s call it twelve months then. Whatever time period also includes when you were posting frequently, before you stopped.

If you’re having a go at the mod dynamic and citing two examples, you wanna make sure they’re both members of staff. Glads isn’t.

Just give what I said some thought. Well, I can’t tell you to do that, it’s your choice, but I’d like it if you gave it some thought.

Think about whether you want to try and help, and if you do sincerely want to then maybe don’t distract from that effort by slagging everyone off, because you know that will be what people react to, it’s why you do it.

Ugh, having read your last post while typing this one, I realise I’m wasting my time. You’re just doubling down on your more inflammatory comments.

You have literally no clue how much I know about football, and by the way, even if I was a complete idiot who knew nothing, commenting on where I’m from just shows how much of a cunt you really are. I don’t come here to be overly analytical, I come to try and enjoy talking about the club I love with my fellow fans, and people like you have to ruin it for your own entertainment.

I will let you know right now, if I ever came “across the Atlantic” as you say and had the “privilege” of meeting you, you wouldn’t have the nerve to say any of this to my face. I can promise you that. You’re a keyboard warrior who gets off on attacking people online because you’re absolutely miserable in your real life,and if you even try to deny that I’ll just laugh because it’s too obvious.

I’m never replying to one of your posts again mate, so don’t ever mention me. I only address people I respect.

3 Likes

@AbouCuellar It’s now 8 months since you posted in that thread. Why don’t you just mute the rest of them and go live in the little OA bubble you tried to create for yourself but couldn’t even be bothered to maintain.

You’re wrong about that. I have always expressed myself that way. You should know that. Ask Morris, or Robin_L, when I was on the other end of the debate, if I expressed myself any differently.

It’s just people used to have enough level and maturity to continue talking about football and see that 95% of my post was about football and 5% at most was me just expressing myself how I express myself–directly–and address the 95% of the post. Nowadays you get posts like this last one from GreatWhite :joy:, getting his panties in a bunch because I told him what I think of him in response to him calling me “shit” lol.

Mate, it’s been like 8 months since anyone posted in that thread, lol, and the great majority of them don’t post here at all anymore. I can’t get water from a dry well.

There’s nothing entertaining about you, mate. It’s why I’ve mostly ignored your posts despite you constantly having a go at me, because you’re boring as fuck. You’re exactly the kind of poster–just well enough mannered/well-expressed to not be easily identified as having nothing worthwhile to say/talking shit–that is extremely uninteresting to me. I used you as a jump-off point for a substantive post because your type of poster, with nothing worthwhile to say, a lot of points that are nicely enough stated but leak major water upon any kind of interesting dissection, has become the norm around here, has become the accepted level, and that’s worrying and disappointing for someone who did indeed put a lot of effort into this forum, and who did indeed enjoy and benefit from it a great deal in the past.

oh the irony :arteta:

1 Like

Poch wasn’t available. Nor was Klopp. Nor was Pep. What matters atm is that we got out of the horrid football purgatory we were in and Emery at least doesn’t seem a disaster, which people tend to dismiss as possible because we were so dire last year. Being bad doesn’t automatically entitle you to “bounce back”.

We were 63 points over 38 games… and I actually dont buy the narrative that the players gave up on Arsene… I thought the team actually was trying - all year. We just weren’t good from top to bottom.

2 Likes

Excuse me ljung. Stop with this off topicness

1 Like

From memory @AbouCuellar didn’t rate the Emery appointment as he didn’t believe he was a manager that had to scope to see us up challenging for the league again under his tenure, which to be frank I agree with that train of thought.

i love the way you guys know the future for 100%

how the fuck do you know this? Going by what exactly? Because if you are judging by this team which is mostly dross then that is unfair dont you think?

If we want to talk about AC… why not open a brand new thread for him?
I thought we had like 40+ post about Emery but 90% of them is about AC…

Come on guys… not that difficult to continue this discussion at the right place.
Or we can talk about him in the Sanogo thread :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It usually does, it also explains why clubs change manager in the first place. Too make the bounce back happen. Big clubs always come back from a bad stretch. The purgatory Liverpool have been in is rather exemption than rule. Even than they picked up a Champions League along the line.

Did you click “reply” on the right post? Lol

No one knows for sure what will happen in the future but it’s an educated guess. Like how I predicted Wenger would never take us to the promised land again after 2012, I didn’t know for sure but it was an educated guess. I didn’t expect the 2016 chance to arise as it did, but even then Wenger still wasn’t good enough to capitalise on that golden opportunity.

Bah this thread has full on devolved… this is discouraging.

By the way I don’t think Emery is a poor manager, I just don’t think he’s the elite sort of manager we require to punch above our weight and win a league title…

I would probably agree at this stage, but at least I am open to being proven wrong about that and I think we would do well to appreciate our lack of perspective against actual people in football as full-time job for decades.

I would also point out, that ANY manager at Arsenal is fighting against 5 other teams for the title, plus the odd lightning bolt like LC. City and Utd have massive amount of money compared to us and Chelsea spend more… and Pool and Spurs aren’t massively far behind (and in case of Pool relatively even atm)… if you just run the odds on “equal managers,” we are probably what? 8:1 at best in that scenario?

And right now we are perhaps seeing some of the finest young crop of managers in our league with Pep, Klopp, and if you want to include him Poch (I don’t rate him at that level, but he has done well with Spurs - Spurs also hit jackpot with some astute signings and the Bale money).

The first measuring stick to me is getting back into top 4 and then becoming relevant for title again - if you are maximizing points every year and more reliably hitting 80+, you give yourself the odd chance… we have been so far from that for so long.

3 Likes

Precisely why you don’t respond by hiring a manager with a significant track record, one that contains little record for over-performance and a good amount of under-performance and just meeting expectations. Chelsea, meanwhile, signed a manager with a genuine philosophy and vision and a strong track record of parlaying that vision into over-performing results with Napoli.

Both might inevitably be failures, but at least one of those approaches is defensible. The other, just really doesn’t suggest competence, frankly (or at the very best suggests cynicism and low ambition), which is extremely worrisome for the future of the club re: making the decision on eventually firing Emery at the right time/making the right choice for the next manager.

Just hope that it wasn’t as unanimous as Gazidis made it out to be (I really don’t think it was), and that things will be different with him out of the picture, though Sven coming out in an interview and suggesting that Unai was very much his choice is worrying, that leaves only my paisa Raúl to really right the ship.

1 Like