UEFA Europa League

I see Leicester secured a vital win against Spartak Moscow but looks like it was ugly. 2-0 down and came back to win 4-3.

What’s with the scheduling, why was it played today.

Likely to do with Lokomotiv Moscow having a home game in the Europa League tomorrow.

1 Like

For a player to score 4 goals in a game is always a monumental achievement.

3 Likes

Henry, Baptista and Arshavin for us. Folklore territory.

1 Like

Did Walcott do it aswell?

I don’t think so. Scored a hat-trick versus Reading and Newcastle and chipped in with a few assists too.

2 Likes

The 7-5 game? Watched that at Uni and remember EMI conceded some horrible goals lol

2 Likes

Also got one against Newcastle in a 7-3 from memory.

Ah yep @Flexo beat me to it.

1 Like

I re-watched the highlights of that recently, Emi was just as trash as I remember. Theo and Chamakh were great value though. Mental game, absolute circus from us but was very symptomatic of late era Wengerball.

Koz was trash too but he score hid it by scoring, which was very like him.

1 Like

Fucking same :joy:

I remember that game because my 5aside team lost fairly convincingly and I was fuming. It was cold as fuck and I was walking back in studs and saw we were losing 4-0 to Reading…wtf.

Got back and streamed the game on my laptop with the score at 4-1. Best decision I ever made :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Think we ended up going out to League 2 Bradford City in the next round lol.

2 Likes

Seen Tony Woodcock score 5 at Villa.

3 Likes

I saw Malcolm Macdonald score FIVE for England…

1 Like

Did Ian Wright score 4 at Liege in 1994?

Yeah and that weird cunt Revie said he should of scored 6 and shook hands with everyone bar him.
Sneak thieving dirty cheating Yorkshire twat.

1 Like

Wrighty once scored FOUR for England, against San Marino…

1 Like

Yeah Revie dropped him after that…Twat!

2 Likes

Scored 4 against Everton

2 Likes

Remember watching that on BBC One lol.

Wales were so close to qualifying too. As were France (they lost to Romania and Bulgaria at home respectively)

No love for Ted Drake with his seven or Sanogo against Benfica.

1 Like