UEFA Europa League

That is as calm a draw as we could have got. Everything set up for an Arsenal v United showdown in Gdansk. Never anything straightforward in this competition though and we’ll surely get one big upset.

I reckon they all fall down on the way they get former players (usually always a different one) to do the draws. The conspiracy would have to be massive.

1 Like

Leicester don’t have much European pedigree either. Surely Rangers aren’t that bad? Had a good run in the EL till now.
I thought it was an upset myself.

1 Like

Somebody mentioned this already but Rangers have released a statement about the racial abuse towards Kamara in the game against Slavia.

1 Like

Have you seen us this season?

Under these circumstances not getting to the final would be a major underachievement. Not at all entertaining the notion we’ll win the cup though.

6 Likes

United have played like a side with no interest in winning this competition. I think there’s a very good possibility they won’t make it to the final.

3 Likes

Well, yeah. Exclude our terrible run at the start of the season, we’ve been fairly good since Christmas. Whatever slip up we’ve had was out of our own stupidity or refs being morons. City has probably been the only side so far that I think genuinely outclassed us.
As I said, our worst enemy is ourselves.

1 Like

Right…exactly why going through to the EL final is not a sure bet. We’ve shot ourselves in the foot time and time again this season therefore it’s not a far stretch to expect us to do it again. I say let’s focus on beating Prague and forget about what could/should happen later in the competition.

2 Likes

A semi final against Emery’s Villareal would be an obvious banana skin for us. They even play in yellow.

4 Likes

Sure. :+1:
My comment was before the draw btw.

1 Like

That’s a great draw.
If we can’t beat Slavia Prague over two games, we don’t deserve to be in it.

2 Likes

Was this our last match at Villarreal?

Unforgivable from the camera man

Good gawd the quality of teams in this competition is absolute toilet :joy::joy: only team that I could even imagine giving us trouble is United and thats a pretty sadly managed United squad under Ole.

3 Likes

It’s going to hurt more than it should when we get knocked out by Unai Emery :joy:

1 Like

Playing the club that wiped the floor with Brendan/Leicester in the previous round so lets see how Mikel handles it in comparison

1 Like

Agree that they aren’t pushovers but Leicester were in abysmal form when they faced each other, and think were missing many first team players.

Arsenal should be dispatching a team like Slavia by about 3 or 4 goals on aggregate. As a club we need to start building our European credentials / confidence up again.

We’ve fallen off hard (and were seen as a bit of an embarrassment with all those inauspicious CL exits under Wenger before as well) so solid progression to the final and hopefully lifting the trophy is important. Particularly if we actually do end up back in the CL, we need some presence.

3 Likes

1 Like

The reaction of the two Rangers players doesn’t seem to suggest he just called him “a fucking guy”

Obviously I have no idea what he said, but the way he went right over to him and covered his mouth is sus af to me. If you’re just basically telling someone to fuck off in the heat of the moment you don’t go to lengths to hide it, or at least I don’t think that would be an entirely normal thing to do.

9 Likes