UEFA Conference League

Leonid Slutsky Is a character :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Looking likely this will be the competition weā€™ll be in next season

Europa League groups was already a tough time to get through, now thereā€™s thisā€¦

1 Like

Marketing ticket sales for this all the way to the semi finals will be very difficult too.

2 Likes

Wait is this actually a thing?!?

I thought you guys were actually just having a laugh with the ā€œconferenceā€ thing!

1 Like

I want us to be in Europe no matter what. Gives us more time to play fringe and youth players.

4 Likes

Ehā€¦:arteta:

What does winning this even grant you? A EL Spot?

I just feel if we only have the Prem every week, will be harder to blood young players through. Weā€™ll need every point we can get and canā€™t experiment as much. Maybe the odd league cup game but thatā€™s it.

The EL was big for the likes of Saka and ESR.

1 Like

Serious question:

Could we just send a second team, consisting of a mix of first team backups and U23 players and coached by one of Artetaā€™s assistants, to play in this competition, at least during the group stages? Iā€™m sure lots of media windbags would get indignant but is there any rule against that?

This would allow Arteta and the starters not to travel and to focus on preparing for the league games at the weekend.

2 Likes

Pleas see above for my response. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t put it past UEFA to have some sort of previous league game quota for this like the EFL Trophy.

They know big clubs wonā€™t go for this just for an EL spot

1 Like

NO!!! HAIL NAH!!! Nuh uhā€¦ Donā€™t want it, donā€™t need it, fuck off.

Not stoked about it, could either take it or leave it but it isnā€™t the worst for us to play younger players and give them exposure in the group stages.

I Expect to see the Cedrics, Mariā€™s and Bertrandā€™s (if we sign him) feature more than younger players tbh. Like how Mustafi and Kolasinac was getting minutes in Europa.

I hope this doesnā€™t change our plans of having a compact squad next season. Mixture of squad players and players from the youth should cover us until the QFs.
Unfortunately, this will still disturb PL match preparations but it will be a good platform to start integrating Balogun, Azeez, Saliba and others into the team.

Weā€™re probably getting ahead of ourselves anyway. Spurs and Everton are both above us in the ā€œraceā€ for 7th. Man City will have CL final in mind so wonā€™t be going all out to beat Everton. Leicester v Spurs could go either way. And we could slip up v Brighton, wouldnā€™t be the first time.

Jokes on Bissouma when he does this again and ends up signing for us, only to miss out on the conny league :grin:

1 Like

I think City will look to fine tune themselves for the final tbh after a few shaky results, so Iā€™ll be a little surprised if Everton win ( could be wrong though pep may rest everyone)

Leicester have all to play for incase of a slip up above them, spurs really arenā€™t that good so I think theyā€™ll at least get something.

Us who knows, we have won 4 games in a row in the league with us substantial for us, so weā€™re due to drop points.

Oh yeah, on paper it should be 3 home wins. But we only need one of those 3 things to not happen for us not to get 7th. Football isnā€™t played on paper, if it was Iā€™d win my accumulator every week as opposed to hardly ever :sweat_smile: