UEFA Champions League

@Electrifying GOAT Muller scored

lol Der Raumdeuter! Scottish hater’s gon hate

Newcastle lost their first 3 group games and still went through ages ago. Seems like forever ago :grimacing:

(Yep Newcastle really were in the Champion League)

That was f’ckin awesome. I remember that.

Sir Bobby :heart:

1 Like

Spurs had 8 points last season, which is normally the minimum amount required to progress.

The Netflix doc on him is well worth a watch

1 Like

Watching the game. Looks like Tottenham are so bad that they let even Muller score.

Coutinho also pretty poor but makes up for it by scoring a golazo, I guess it depends if you can afford that luxury

@DavidHillier Shearer, Shola Ameobi :giroud2: the lads.

Edit: if course it’s a goal like this:

https://twitter.com/S8R_HD20043/status/1204865046226051073?s=20

1 Like

Liverpool only had 9 points last season too, the jammy bastards

Neymar masterclass tonight I hear

1 Like

I think I’d really enjoy Liverpool v Atletico. Hope that comes out of the hat.

1 Like

So 16 clubs from what we’d regard as the 5 best leagues in Europe have qualified for the knockout stages.

I don’t like this. It’s become way too centralised.

I feel more and more Europeans are turning to American sports because it’s more exciting and more equal.

1 Like

Tbh I felt despite this being the outcome we had some more interesting groups this campaign.

Chelsea, Valencia and Ajax.

Liverpool still could have missed out if they lost last night.

Atalanta tonight.

Inter and Dortmund.

1 Like

Everything is so fucked isn’t it?

Corporate fat cats really need the hellfire ASAP.

1 Like

CL groups are boring as fuck anyway. I don’t really care about watching it bar Arsenal tbh.

1 Like

At the very least terrestrial TV has to have highlights to promote the live product.
Even the Premiership know Motd would effect the live product no matter how much some might find it outdated.
Out of sight is out of mind. Other sports have paid a price by going down Sky BT route only.

1 Like

They have highlights of every game on YouTube. There is YouTube apps on everyone tv now so I don’t know if we can use that tbh.

I can’t remember the last time I watched MoTD this season tbh I just watch the goals on YouTube aswell

It’s still something people have to go out the way to do though.
I get a lot of younger people don’t see the issue but it’s there.
European football is one step removed from domestic football and all though I’d go the extra mile for an Arsenal game I’m not for a Real or Barca game.
A good highlights package on ITV just means more people are aware and take an interest.
England’s run in the last world cup grew to a huge level because it was there for everyone.
Basically the cricket world cup became a talking point because the final got put on terrestrial TV for the final.

7 Likes

I don’t really see the issue with the CL, the best teams generally make it to the last 16 and 8 etc, isn’t that what we want the best teams playing against each other at the pointy end of the competition?

1 Like

Champs League draw currently ongoing but now we don’t even lay an eye onto it.

Sad times

1 Like