UEFA Champions League 2016/17 1st Knockout Round Draw

Yeah I don’t think we could handle Madrid defensively.

In half hour!

2 Likes

Yeah whoever said 1 is wrong! The draw is in 13 minutes. (11 UK Time)

XO (expected opponents) graphs. :weary:

Statisticians have lost the fucking run of themselves.

1 Like

“Hello and welcome to live coverage of Arsenal being drawn against Bayern Munich or Real Madrid. Or knowing their luck, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid. Yes, they’ve finally gone and won their group, but a brief flick through Uefa rulebook shows that Arsenal must crash out of the Champions League in the round of 16, so their supporters have already mentally prepared themselves for the inevitability of a daunting draw against one of Europe’s giants. Arsene Wenger can gaze longingly at Benfica or Porto all he wants, but there’s no escaping fate.”

Troll.guardian.com

4 Likes

Just tuned in. Predicting Porto!

Please Porto or Neverkusen!

I’ve U-turn’d and want Bayern or Madrid.

It would be a memorable win that would send the proverbial shockwaves around Europe. I think we need a result like that to give our club confidence. Bayern are underperforming and they weren’t entirely unbeatable the last few times we played.

We know it’s a one in a million chance to win this cup so we might as well have some big ties on the way. Beating Benfica then losing to Bayern in the next round is a waste of time if we could just have it over with. The CL is about giants clashing, not sneaking through.

2 Likes

Quite right Craigie, we have a team that’s getting back to or as good as the level we were shortly post-2004 before it’s piecemeal dismantling.

10 years ago we took out Real Madrid and Juventus in successive rounds. Two seasons after that we landed the perceived weakest side in the last 16 and went out in feeble fashion.

Bring on DIE BESTEN (bit of German in there just to tempt fate)

City have escaped one there!

Manc Citeh - Monaco
Real Madrid - Napoli.
Benfica - Dortmund JA!!
FC Bayern Munich - FC Arsenal London
Porto - Juventus
Leverkusen - Atletico Madrid
PSG - Barcelona
Sevilla - Leicester

1 Like

Bayern it is then.

Edit - Prediction, not the result

Bah, I wanted Madrid.

Take anyone left now to be honest, just didn’t want Madrid.

Fucking hell…

Bayern Munich - Arsenal.

Just fuck off. Seriously.

1 Like

Dodge Bayern pls ffs

edit: FFS!!!

that was inevitable pmsl

god

[quote=“Trion, post:52, topic:1001, full:true”]
Bayern it is then.

Edit - Prediction, not the result
[/quote]:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: :

FUCK ME

There is no way this is not a fix. I’m not having it.