UEFA Champions League 2016/17 1st Knockout Round Draw

So you would honestly rather draw Real instead of Porto?

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:
https://twitter.com/EIFantasmita/status/806617467284049920

6 Likes

Because the goal is to win the entire thing. Everyone except the winner is a loser. SPORTS!

Tbh it’s like Arsene said, whether you get a bad draw or not, you feel less guilty about it when you finish top. We managed to do our bit so Lady Luck can do her thing and we should still be content.

Do they offer odds for us to draw Bayern/ Real Madrid today ? Given its a near certainty I wouldn’t mind cashing in by outlaying my mortgage redraw on it ? My prediction for the draw is as follows… Real Madrid vs Arsenal, Bayern Munich vs Juve, PSG vs Barca, Atletico vs Man City, Sevilla vs Napoli, Leicester vs Leverkusen, Dortmund vs Benfica & Porto vs Monaco.

Thats a combination of glamour ties, chucked with a couple all average ties so Real Madrid can get a favourable QF opponent and a rematch of the 2004 CL final for history purposes.

Well Real Madrid is the team we’re most likely to draw, according to statisticians, but not sure you can actually bet on it - I also wouldn’t advise it :grin: The draw Gods are going to be kind to us this year, I just know it.

1 Like

Iam only worried about madrid. I think we can beat bayern over two legs. This bayern team is no way near as good as the one we played in last few seasons (even then we won one of the game of the tie) and this arsenal is much better than the one which played bayern in last few seasons. So just need to avoid Real Madrid.

Ah yes, Champion League draw day, the day when you can get a return flight to Team X’ city for £50 about half an hour before the draw and the same flight about £200 moments after. All good fun tho :no_mouth:

1 Like

Good point. Might be wise if we book our train tickets to Cardiff now then :smiley:

1 Like

More chance of Arsenal getting there for a rugby final :smile_cat:

Personal draw preference:

1. Real Madrid 2. Sevilla 3. Munchen Bayern 4. Leverkusen 5. Benfica 6. Porto
1 Like

Personally I enjoyed Lisbon as a city more than Madrid.

Think we might get Sevilla

1 Like

Arsenal Sevilla would be my dream tie.

An interesting matchup and not one Arsene will take lightly either.

But they aren’t as much better than us compared to say Real Madrid.

I think we are pretty even with them and it’s not a tie we have seen yet so that is the one i’m hoping for.

4 Likes

Me too. I’m not a fan of Madrid at all, found myself very bored last time I was there.

1 Like

I want Sevilla too. Not a walkover, but also not a team who beats us 4-1, or so you would think :smile:. Should be a very interesting match-up.

1 Like

I hope for an easier team ofcourse, but I would love to face Real Madrid so much.

At the moment I want anyone but Bayern. Real Madrid would be a proper blockbuster of a tie.

1 Like

Madrid would turn us over

1 Like

Draw time?

1pm I think

1 Like