U.S. Politics

Well we hope that’s the rationale.
I hope she got it based on her merits rather than her gender or skin color

Merit has nothing to do with politics. Case in point, POTUS.

5 Likes

I can accept the reality but I can also mourn the absence of merits in that reality.

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s the case here as I don’t know enough about other candidates but again, he can choose whoever he wants.

A bit of insight into Kamala Harris:

I’m really beginning to hate liberals more than trump’s bois tbh

“Merit”–tell me is Donald Trump president due to “merit”?

I’m sorry if I don’t take this Bro-Dude’s opinion on Kamala Harris seriously.

Edit: Ever since Dan Quayle became VP, I don’t really put a lot of stock in VP selections. My bar is so low that it’s almost inconsequential.

Not a surprising IMO. The Democratic strategy has been to give Donald Trump nothing to run against–exhibit A: Joe Biden.

The big question is how will Harris be regarded as a potential President considering Biden’s advanced age?

He is not. So?

The point is merit has almost zero bearing on a politicians electability. Now it might be an issue for voters to consider when making their choice for who to vote for but the opposite can be just as true.

Prime example: Donald Trump’s main selling point was that he had no experience in political office.

The US is in the toilet

2 Likes

Jesus Christ Twitter is absolutely fucking cringe.

Yes, I can in fact believe it’s free.

Those people need to get over themselves.

1 Like

The whole Scalia-RGB friendship worship really irked me. So they were friends, why wouldn’t they be? They’re both extremely powerful judges and elites within their profession and society. They’re also very wealthy. The fact that Scalia was a piece of shit who hated gay people probably didn’t come up much in their social settings.

@Cristo I think we all know that none of those interactions between the parents and kids “documented” in those tweets happened. Blows my mind why people fabricate stuff like that for likes.

1 Like

Oh yeah very /r/thathappened, embarrassing that they’d make this up

This is what happens when you replace religion with celebrity corporate hero-worship. The number 1 religion in America.

7 Likes

:wright:

1 Like

‘Wakanda forever’ always makes me laugh.
Bunch of native africans whose first foreign language would be at best be French saying Wakanda Forever.

Such a cringey warcry.

And Ruthkanda Forever never happened. Kids are not as cringey as their parents.

I haven’t seen Black Panther, is it an English language film? Cos if so, the phrase being in English would surely just be consistent?

If there were no emphasis on accent in those movies, I would have taken that argument.
Presence of an accent indicate English is just a language for convenient communication, not the mother tongue in Marvel Universe.