U.S. Politics

That is not even remotely close to having to carry a child to term and give birth. Not even close.

Am I financially responsible for my kids? Absolutely. Did I save money and work hard while my partner was pregnant? Absolutely.

But I was never at risk myself during the pregnancy. I understand why people make that argument that a man is financially responsible but it’s not even apples and oranges comparison, it’s apples and a motorcycle.

I’m not saying it is of equal value. Only that men aren’t getting off scott free.

That’s the only positive I can gleam from this shite.

I guess if you wanna call that a positive. People are still going to have abortions, they’re just less likely to have safe abortions. People in red states will die because of it.

And why?

It’s not because the GOP cares about kids. If they did we’d have a generous welfare state set up to encourage people to have kids.

And it’s not like the Dems are any better. They had fifty years to get the right to an abortion codified and they blew it.

@Forever may be a sanctimonious fuck but I agree with them that neither political party in the States is worth celebrating.

I think men taking safe sex more seriously is absolutely a positive.

Do I think it’s worth it? Not at all.

I just don’t really see that happening though. If we were serious about safe sex there’d be free birth control at every pharmacy in the country, free condoms at ever pharmacy in the country and there’d be a real push towards a male oral contraceptive.

And what happens if you don’t pay child support? Not much. You could have your wages garnished but you can sue and go to court to work out a payment plan. Basically nothing changes for men with this ruling.

3 Likes

I identify as He/Him :wink:

I don’t know where I claimed to be morally superior in this conversation, I just shared my careful opinion and got told by two liberals to fuck off and fuck you. I guess this is why America is so divided. Hard to talk that way. :slight_smile:

When the Democrats shafted Sanders and told Sanders voters they are misogynistic for not voting Clinton, I knew enough. On foreign policy the two parties are the Uniparty.

So for me America deserves what it got and let that fake Roman Empire collapse.

And let’s never forget the logic of these fucks:

2 Likes

It just trips me out that many ppl take this stuff seriously. Not attacking you at all but it’s becoming more and more clear to me that politicians are actors. Dems and Republicans are all in it together to keep the con going. Repubs have constituents they have to answer to, who are pro life or whatever. Dems have their constituents who are pro choice. So they pretend to struggle, sometimes one side wins then the other side wins for a while. None of them give a shit about us or our loved ones, their only goal is to remain in power and suck off the teat of corrupt government for as long as possible.

Their most powerful tool is keeping both sides at odds and at eachothers throats, and im a firm believer that there really are a minority of psychos on both sides that the media plays up to make it seem like the entire country is completely divided. When in reality I think most ppl are moderate and intelligent enough to find a compromise.

2 Likes

That’s not why America is divided.

Also I’m not a liberal.

What are you then? Sincere question.

Idk to be honest. But to me “liberal” policies often fall short of what I believe in. I’d want a large welfare state that depowers the grip the military industrial complex has on the USA. It’s a pipe dream because of the way our Constitution is written but a more modern version of what FDR was proposing would be a nice start.

Edit: to be clear I mean FDR’s labor stuff and investment in infrastructure, not rounding up Japanese citizens.

Seriously, shut the fuck up. You’re a condescending prick.

Not at all that dissimilar from myself. :slight_smile:

Are you okay? Just tell me, I can stroke your head and sing you a lullaby to make you feel better. :slight_smile:

1 Like

See, you think being a condescending prick makes you sound witty and intelligent. The simple fact is you’re just an asshole.

Wow another mentally ill American

You have responded three times to me and they are all insults. You have offered nothing of substance. And you call me the asshole?

You are lost dude. :joy:

I mean, I live here. What are my options? People are going to get hurt over this. Whether you think it’s rigged or not is irrelevant imo. Maybe with unlimited wealth I’d move somewhere else with the fam and start over. Not super realistic though.

He’s offended u called our country 3rd world I’m assuming. Which isn’t remotely true. In all honesty America is a good place to live. Could be a truly great place if not for the corrupt goverment. I live by the beach in southern california perfect weather every day. Expensive af, but also relatively safe. Not one homicide committed in our county the whole of 2021, crime down year on year ect. Media tries to make it out like it’s some type of dystopian hell hole, it has issues but things that could easily be fixed if the government wasnt so extremely corrupt.

I think you’ll fine that if more discourse amongst american ppl happened you’d see ppl starting to see the similarities amongst themselves like you and Josh just found out about. However yeah the government and media try to seperate ppl into sects to the best of their ability.

1 Like

I have been to the U.S. three times and I like the scenery and people in general are nice.

But it is a 3rd world country. Infrastructure is dramatic. No universal healthcare and insane prices for certain drugs that are affordable elsewhere. Little to no safety net. Mass shootings are common place compared to the rest of the world. Rampant corruption nicely disguised as lobbying. I could go on.

It’s a good country if you’re rich. A shit one if you’re poor.

And I thought only Right Wing America First would be so easily offended to come to a topic and only throw insults. Guess left wing nuts aren’t much better. :slight_smile:

1 Like