U.S. Politics

Speaking for myself, I’m not saying Rittenhouse is a hero for killing Joseph Rosenbaum (that would be mental, there’s no way he knew of his criminal history)… but I am super fucking glad he did.

That said, if the system had done it’s job, Rittenhouse wouldn’t have needed to kill him because Rosenbaum wouldn’t have even been there.

2 Likes

bumhappy and the Rittenhouse fans on this forum give away their ideological bias every time they bring up the people he killed’s passed criminal records.

If you’re ok with Rittenhouse taking the law into his own hands then you can’t even discuss any legal justification for what he did.

Essentially the bumhappies of the world don’t actually believe in due process. They like the symbolism for their reactionary world view.

Law either applies to everyone or it applies to no one.

And we have the Arbery case happening at the same time.

3 Likes

The funny thing is rittenhouse ethnicity is Hispanic :joy::rofl: just found this out today

1 Like

Not to forget the Ghislaine Maxwell trial that’s going on… you know, about her being friends with the notorious paedophile billionaire Jeffrey Epstein and all his rich and powerful friends who may or may not have been raping kids and young women with him.

3 Likes

The irony is that the last two that were shot could be considered vigilantes who were trying to stop what they perceived was a active shooter

I personally never brought up the criminal records of those killed. As you bring up due process though, the trial has concluded and he has been found not guilty, so I assume you are ok with the due process here.

The more I read about this guy, the worse it bloody gets, I mean… Jesus H Christ.

1 Like

You have to read about it though… on apparent “non-legit” news sources because apparently some people need to be nannied on what they can and cannot read, and what their brains can handle.

1 Like

Picking up on due process, the three accused in the Ahmaud Arbery case have been found guilty. I don’t remember finding any major supposed “facts” as erroneous, unlike obvious agenda driven media and politics pushing false narratives regarding the Kenosha (Rittenhouse) incident. Race was deemed a factor in this case (the three found guilty are white). With Rittenhouse it was someone with Hispanic descent and those shot and killed were all white, along with another inconvenient fact that he was trying to protect a minority owned business in response to the family’s request.

He shouldn’t have had the gun in the first place. I don’t mean in terms of being found guilty of any charge. I just think it’s ridiculous that people are allowed to purchase weapons like that.

3 Likes

I’m just really glad that the Aubery family got justice. The Rittenhouse thing could go either way it was a lot of idiots pouring gasoline on a fire. With Ahmad Aubery that was a completely innocent man just going for a jog and some fucking idiots went out and killed the poor guy.

8 Likes

Oh I’m sure we’ll hear well reasoned legal analysis from the usual suspects about what a miscarriage of justice that verdict was.

Lol this is what’s wrong with you progressive types you always mischaracterize those who disagree with you. As if they are bunch of evil god knows what I’ll have you know most of us who disagree with you don’t think like you do. If they find them guilty they found them guilt that’s it

I doubt it. I mean label me as a right wing or racist or whatever but the Rittenhouse verdict wasn’t a miscarriage of justice imo. The kid was attacked and defended himself. Was he a dumb ass, naive, and drinking the right wing Kool-aid? For sure, but that doesn’t in itself condemn the kid to life in prison.

There are definite issues with our judicial system. It’s absolutely rage inducing that these 3 fuckers (in the Aubery case) weren’t charged with a crime for 2 months seemingly because they were friends with the DA. Justice was done tho thankfully.

4 Likes

Not you, I mean Fox News and some more intellectually dishonest outlets.

@BigWeng_4LYFE that DA is in a world of trouble iirc. Not sure if she’s been indicted or charged but it looks really sketchy.

2 Likes

Oh ok. In that I would say isn’t that the state of US media at the moment depending on where you are on the political spectrum you get a certain type of news

Edit: fuck me if the DA is complicit in that case should be investigated

Nov. 13, go back and read my first post on this. Here’s a hint NO ONE HERE IS INVOLVED IN THE CASE TO JUDGE GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY

The only thing we football idiots are qualified to do is speculate on the precedent this sets and what might come next.

OK, but your inferred gripe about precedent is somewhat sketchy, for want of a better word that does not come to mind right now… Let me try to explain.

America has had the second amendment and right to self defense for centuries. If you want to tag onto narratives that Rittenhouse was proactively hunting down people or undertook actions unprovoked by other people who did nothing wrong you are indirectly going at the due process that has just taken place.

Look, in short, if you do accept due process then move on. If you accept you did not have capacity to do what the jury did, due to not knowing all the ins and outs of the case it then follows that you really cannot be that informed on if there are significant precedent issues either.

2 Likes