U.S. Politics

There’s going to be people who were given assurances of asylum if they assist us, being left behind to be beheaded by the Taliban.

1 Like

Taliban controls Afghanistan now. That was fucking quick.

1 Like

The US withdrawal from Afghanistan has been so badly handled that the Taliban, after twenty years of conflict, have taken control of Afghanistan in a matter of weeks.

Speaks volumes about what a failure this invasion was.

2 Likes

You can’t really blame ashraf ghani for fleeing Afghanistan. He would have been hanged in stadium or something, if he stayed there.

2 Likes

All those people who served in Afghanistan, I’ve worked with some lads who went over there when they were young and they lost best friends and were not mentally okay. My step dad ,at the time, when I was around 11/12 served over there for a few months as he was part of the TA. Everything they did and lost has been for nothing.

Biden saying he doesn’t think taliban will gain control. Noone forming a plan with the Afghan army who didn’t even know they were leaving.

Find it all crazy man.

Another U.S.-led war. Twenty years. Tens of thousands of lives lost. Nothing built. Left with its tail between its legs.

So many pointless wars by the US, land of the free, destroying autonomous nations left right and center.

Supported by their media, emboldening the false pretenses and lies the wars were sold on.

Unreal nation. In the negative sense of the word.

3 Likes

Ugly situation, it’s a moral and diplomatic failing of the entire West

Maybe I’m being simplistic, and I was too young to understand it at the time it happened.

But the more I read about this invasion, the more it seems like a grieving US nation did this invasion as part of a lash out after 9/11.

They just wanted to bomb somebody somewhere.

And they couldn’t go after Saudi (where the bombers were from by and large) cos they were bros with Saudi riyals, and they couldn’t go after Pakistan (where bin Laden was found and where many in the ISI had support for these elements) because of nukes and they wanted strategic alliance to offset Chinese influence.

So they just went after Afghanistan.

Anyways, scenes at Kabul airport:

“Last chopper out of Saigon”

1 Like

Fucking bollocks, what was it all for? 20 years 10 of thousands dead, untold number of civilian casualties, thousands of UK and US servicemen injured and maimed over a trillion spent and now back to square one. And the way both the US and UK government talk about it so nonchalantly is absolutely disgusting and sickening to the fucking core.

If I had to hedge a bet, I would say the US already agreed some kind of terms with the Taliban, probably as far back as last month if not earlier, which is why there was no support, not even in the form of air strikes or small detachments to aid the ANA. That coupled with local support is why the Taliban were able to so easily overrun the country, and is probably why the Taliban “appear” to have changed their tune in the media in regards to women’s rights, their general amnesty towards those in the ANA and why they haven’t attempted to attack any of the embassies, diplomats or foreign forces.

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist or anything, but from my own personal experience I have seen bullshit like this happen with captured ISIS fighters, and cooperation deals with Iranian forces in both Iraq and Syria. don’t want to go into any details, but it completely disillusioned me and made me absolutely question basically everything I was taught to believe.

Really fucking feel for the Afghan people, life was shit for them in this so called “liberal” democracy, it’s about to get a whole lot worse under this “Islamic” caliphate.

7 Likes

I never paid much attention to Afghanistan war in last 20 years but don’t know why I feel so bad right now.

Religion and Politics destroyed lives of so many innocents. Syria, Afghanistan are just ruins right now and we can just wait and watch.

Look at all these people who were promised a better life but now left with constant fear & possible lynching.

What is the fucking point of UN & it’s UN army?

3 Likes

Iraq. Afghanistan. Syria. Instead of making it better, the US makes all these places worse by a factor 100 and then leaves letting down the people they promised to help.

I feel for those innocent, casual, loving Afghan people. Taliban is another 100 years back in time for them, those that survive.

Absolutely despicable.

Remember they went to Iraq and lied about so much why they go there and the same for Afghanistan.

3 Likes

2 trillion they spent. What did they do with this money? What the fuck is it spent on?

3 Likes

Maintaining the hegemony of it’s security council members.

4 Likes

Weapons contractors. Lockheed, Booze Allen, Honeywell, Boeing, General Dynamics etc.

War pigs.

6 Likes

10 Likes

Mental

Just seen on social media a black dot fall off the plane in midair and start falling.

Horrific :disappointed:

I shouldn’t have looked up for that. So distressing that.

None of those youth are going to survive hanging onto the plane from outside for duration of 5-6 hours

Just found an image of one of the bodies on the ground. DONT SEARCH FOR IT