Trump

:sob: don’t remind me :bellcry:

Yes to all of that. Wearing a mask wasn’t political until the likes of the dump truck weaponized it by convincing their base supporters that community health measures like wearing a mask were a matter of freedom whatever that means.

My wife pointed out the other night that COVID was probably the worst possible disease for the United States because prevention comes down to you doing something to protect others without seeing the result for yourself.

Wearing a mask protects you, sure, but it’s really about protecting other people. The United States was built on this myth of fantastic individualism, which is such utter bullshit it’s hard to really wrap my head around. That’s how we end up with so-called “Freedom Protests” with people not wearing masks because it infringes on their rights. It’s so disappointing. I naively hoped the country would rise to the occasion but I forgot that at its core, America is a fundamentally selfish nation and its citizens are by and large reflective of that selfish nature. They’ll only do something if it benefits or protects them, not their neighbors. Trump is certainly a poster child for that kind of attitude. The only thing he cares about is himself.

10 Likes

:grimacing:

Full

Proper car crash.

I think his handling of the pandemic was the death knell for him. He looks completely rattled and beleaguered. He’s done a total u-turn on wearing the mask, he’s not got the same degree of arrogance and he’s talking about postponing the election now.

I think he would have won this election if covid-19 never came about but that’s the end for Trump. He’s about to be replaced by a man so senile you’d probably get evens at the bookies on him dying or having to relinquish his role due to ill health before the end of his term.

4 Likes

‘I’m talking about deaths as a percentage of population’

‘You can’t do that’ :arteta:

Then proceeds to show the bar chart which he’s ‘winning in’. One thing I will say is life post-Trump is going to be comparitively boring.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Wasn’t Micheal Flynn forced to plead guilty because of a trumped up charges and fear for his son??

No, he did not. He lied to the FBI and plead guilty to a charge of lying to the FBI.

Pretty sure the fbi investigators and the investigation is being looked at now because of a bogus charge

ICBA to sit here and explain it all to you but the bottom line is Flynn was asked a series of questions in an interview with the FBI. They discovered he lied and gave him an opportunity to correct. He doubled down on the lie so they charged him with lying to the FBI.

Edit: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/indictment-michael-flynn/story?id=61147177

Here’s an explainer. Lying to the FBI is a crime and he entered a guilty plea to it before switching lawyers and trying to walk it back.

The FBI were compromise hence bill bar looking over the Flynn case

He was charged with impersonation of us government official; basically he spoke to his Russian counterpart just before he started his role. He is the first person found guilty of the charge that has put against, that law has never been used since inception, which pretty much tells everything.

and Donald Trump: Impeached

Flynn is trouble, covered for his boss and like so many others ended up being convicted. It remains to be seen whether the next administration will launch a Federal Investigation. There’s probably hundreds who could be convicted for breaches of the Hatch Act and that’s just for starters.

Ultimately it won’t be a political act that brings Trump down, it’ll be the insurance and banking fraud case that will see him locked-up. Paper trails can’t be silenced with election campaign donations.

What a mess this election will be!
No way the final outcome is not contested

Well the US has already had two controversial elections with 2000 (Bush v. Gore) and 2016 (Trump v. Clinton) and those were much much more stable times.

Here you have the backdrop of an international health crisis and a belligerent agent of chaos in Trump, both desperate and willing to do anything to remain in power. The next three months are going to be bumpy to say the least.

2 Likes

Give Trump his Nobel Peace Prize already

2 Likes