Trolling on Social Media

Wasn’t sure where the right place to put this is, but I’ve made the decision recently to just delete all social media. It really is the lowest of the low when it comes to the internet. I’m already infinitely more happy lol

6 Likes

Let’s see how long you last. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Most definitely.

Facebook, Twitter, IG can pretty much all get in the bin

2 Likes

Mate, I’m not even getting the urge to re-download anything. I just don’t care about social media. Everyone I want to talk has my number and WhatsApp so I don’t need social media anymore lol

2 Likes

I did the same years ago now. I haven’t regretted it at all. There is absolutely no upside to being on social media.

2 Likes

Yea, I don’t wanna advertise my personal life on Facebook. Never seen the fascination behind it. I hate my picture being taken so instagram is a no go for me. And Twitter just has far too many trolls on it it’s fucking infuriating

Never used Instagram personally, its just full of fake cunts faking shit to look good to other fake cunts.

And then these same dorks have the audacity to say shit like “Instagram isnt real life blah blah blah”. Yeah its not and most people who arent fucking obsessed with the app know this.

Don’t mind Facebook tbh just use it for messenger mostly. Outside of that I’ve never used any other platform anyway.

2 Likes

Literally the only people who use instagram and post on it regularly are insecure people who need the verification by way of likes from strangers on the internet lol. It’s fucking sad

Instagram is one of the only ways my extended family get to see pictures of my kids (and vice versa). My profile is locked down because I definitely do not want creeps seeing my life, although I think @Cristo has access to it!

Instagram is also useful to find good deals on sneakers or restaurants recommendations. I found my tattoo artist through instagram. Basically you get out what you put in and if it’s making you miserable there’s literally zero upside.

I’m already dreading the day our oldest asks for a profile or just makes one without us knowing. I can’t imagine being a preteen on social media. It’s gotta be brutal.

2 Likes

See for your first point if it was me I would just send the pictures over WhatsApp. But each to their own.

That’s another reason I got rid of it, my sister started talking to someone on instagram she didn’t know and I hated it lol. She was a teen herself at the time. See it happening all the time.

I just think in general social media is a cancer to modern day society.

3 Likes

There are if you go into replies or search on #, but I don’t really see any trolls on twitter as a passive user. I control who I follow, and don’t go to ‘For you’ page.

1 Like

Nah, Instagram is just a thirst trap.
Facebook is useless. Deactivated a long time ago.
Twitter is good for keeping up-to-date with stuff.
Similar with Reddit.

Don’t use anything else.

1 Like

I joined facebook in 2008 cos I fancied a girl I met at a university interview and she wanted me to, but thats the only social media I’ve ever been signed up to.

Still on it cos I’ve got to get memes from somewhere.

Can’t live without a regular supply of fresh memes.

1 Like

You get memes from Facebook? :henry:

Why would that be hard to believe, or surprising?

Perhaps it’s just my circle but I consider Facebook like ancient history, bit like MySpace.

2 Likes

No, it isn’t just your circle, none of my friends are active on there, they’re all on IG. But there are obviously millions and millions of people on there, and there are endless meme pages and groups

1 Like

Messenger is used heavily by me also, that’s my main social media outlet.

Not on twitter or Insta.

Reddit’s pretty good for memes too.