Trolling on Social Media

I tend to think Arsenal players with all their millions don’t give 2 shits about our opinions

2 Likes

I was conflicted on that a while ago with Lacazette. People were going hard at him after a match and he blocked a fan account which also wasn’t kind to his performance.
The fan apologized to him and then shared a snapshot of the convo.
I genuinely felt bad when I saw that because I remembered that many of these guys are on their phones all day and may end up seeing shit about them.

It really isn’t that uncommon for athletes to be lurking around forums or social media platforms searching for what people say about them.
I have listened to wrestling podcasts before where wrestlers mentioned that they have various Google alerts in place to get notified when people mention them.

1 Like

Also I bet Roy Keane would be more critical of his colleagues than anyone on a forum

Wait till they get a ‘Nice Reply’ Badge, they will start giving more than 2 shits.

If Xhaka is reading this;

You’re a cunt.

7 Likes

Leaving nothing to chance eh? :joy:

1 Like

Decided today I’m gonna do a Henry and take a break from social media. Saw some racist douche bag on Twitter earlier, reported the tweet, Twitter received the report and didn’t even take down the tweet. When the social media company is just as big a problem as the racists out there, I don’t want no part of it.

9 Likes

A 49 year old man!

The whole football world seem to be on board with this. Am I going to have to go old school and listen to the radio to find out team news? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Remember to switch to the am band :grin:

2 Likes

Just use the LiveScore app or/and betting sites for line-ups as a workaround :sunglasses:

1 Like

So what’s this going to achieve lol?

If I was a player I’d just come off social media entirely, the reaching out to fans thing is overrated it anyway. You’re just opening yourself up to endless abuse from cretins and if you really want to reach out for important things I’m sure players have the money and infrastructure to do more than just tweet at anons.

4 Likes

I won’t.
If someone paid me thousands of dollars to just post my ugly pics and deal with ignorable comments, I would make two accounts.

1 Like

I see your thousand dollars and I raise you a thousand rupees

Comments can be turned off as well lol

3 Likes

Exactly.
If something can be done regarding trolling, good. But I am not exactly sympathetic for anyone who gets to benefit from these platform, just because they are famous.

Telling a guy who tried to kill himself that he should have done it right the first time? That’s disgraceful. The guy who allegedly abused him is the Stenhousemuir captain as well. Should know better! Hopefully, despite the ref not hearing it, other people did and he gets the book thrown at him.

7 Likes

.https://twitter.com/rabbi_matondo/status/1389693277461417986?s=21

I mean I don’t wanna say it was expected…

1 Like