Trolling on Social Media

I think it’s the fact that they don’t tend to take abuse seriously. You can report someone’s comments on some platforms and nothing happens to the account.

But in all honesty I don’t have the answers either mate I’m not really sure what more can be done other than tougher and faster acting bans on these accounts but tech wise - I haven’t a clue.

2 Likes

Twitter can do quite a few things

1. Limit post per minute & post per day for anonymous accounts
  2. Anonymous accounts can’t reply to someone
  3. Anonymous accounts can only engage in a topic using hashtags
  4. Anonymous accounts can only post text post, no images, no videos. They can post URLs where images and video can be hosted.
  5. Problem with Twitter is post can be taken out of context so tag post which is followup post with ‘context available’ or something like that.
  6. Give an indicator that an anonymous account has been reported often as we do with Amazon sellers so that we know that a given anonymous account has history of spamming or harassing people.
  7. Delay notifications based on sentiment analysis.

I like Instagram comment system. It’s so cumbersome, trolls just give up.

4 Likes

The only reason I don’t agree with ID verification is because there are lot of helpful platforms online to help people struggling with mental health who need to talk to people, also things like coming out as homosexual etc. These people tend to prefer to stay anonymous.

1 Like

This guy is captain material…

This would seem more like the truth from Xhaka if he hadn’t given the fans the finger and told them to fuck off when they booed yet another diabolical shite performance from him.

Great captaincy material that was :joy:

4 Likes

I love Xhaka being perpetually outraged by the internet. Cunt is so egotistical he really expects the internet to bow to him. Reminds me of Jay and Silent Bob using their film money to go round the country beating up kids for trolling them online.

Fucking idiot.

3 Likes

Xhaka’s a twat, but his wife and kids are OK

(If he ends up reading this)

4 Likes

Giving him the captaincy made him closest to leaving so I say let’s try it again.

2 Likes

he will stay just to piss you and @BigWeng_4LYFE off bigstyle if you gave it to him, saying ‘i am the captain of this illustrious club and i will end my career here i am proud to be captian again’

1 Like

What are u referring to, ur in the trolling on social media thread?

3 Likes

Agree mate. Wenger left our club in a massive decline. Thank god we have a high IQ mastermind to manage our club now. All hail Lego. COYG

2 Likes

And Arteta has actually managed to make us worse somehow with a far better team lmaooo :joy::joy::joy:

Question: If I use abusive language directed towards a player on a fourm like OA, am I contributing to toxifying the online space even though I’m not directing it at a person directly?

1 Like

Given how many players I call a cunt on here I’d have to say no.

11 Likes

What the probability an Arsenal player has lurked OA you reckon? Has to be over 50% surely

1 Like

Including academy/youngsters in that?

1 Like

The first team only

For youngsters, it’s quite common from what I’ve heard

2 Likes

I don’t think so man. For me that’s when you’re on twitter, or if you’re on gram talking shit on players’ posts lol.

This is our little corner of the web, I think 50% likelihood of an Arsenal player having come on OA is a pretty wild shout mate haha

It’s an interesting question to ask though. Maybe I’m kidding myself because I don’t want to think about Xhaka possibly going to sleep with his house keys under his pillow to comfort him after reading some of the things I’ve said about him.

6 Likes

Any sight of a thread title that includes the word nonce would probably scare them off straight away tbh :grin:

7 Likes

Players will have to actively seek out OA to read our comments and in that case, it is their own choice to subject themselves to toxicity.

This is a discussion board with bunch of adults analyzing the game; and any abuse is proportionate to the performance of the player. It is also a private discussion among posters rather than a directed information relay towards players.

I am sure there are players who seek out validations (or are curious) and will read forums but the onus is completely on them to make sure not to seek validations when they or the team perform poorly. If they do, I hope they have it in them to take the criticism well.

3 Likes