Transfer Wishlist

I mean it is potentially possible we could bring in someone better than Holding but with Gabriel, White and Saliba, that’s a pretty strong top 3 CBs, if that 4th guy is much better than Holding, you start to wonder if they will be happy to ride the bench a lot and make intermittent starts across the season. Holding appears to be pretty okay with doing just that.

3 Likes

As is Elneny which is why he’s fine to be the CM version of the same. 4th choice backup who doesn’t cry about game time.

Only difference in midfield is one of our starters is garbage.

1 Like

I don’t mind keeping Elneny around for the same reasons. He seems to be decent enough at slotting in and playing a simple role in the system, although I can certainly understand those who’d argue for bringing in a young guy who is going to run about and bring some energy as well.

1 Like

My friend, you missed my point. Holding isn’t good enough to put on qn Arsenal shirt in my opinion and lacks the physicality and bravery of Habriel and the IQ and ball playing ability of White. I’m advocating cashing in. He’d possibly do well at a Burnley or Watford.

Yip and I’m saying that he’s a serviceable option as a 4th choice CB. Not sure how I missed your point lol

You go and say he isn’t good enough then say this is proven by him not being as good as our starting CBs at particular skills. Surely you understand that there is a different criteria for judging a player when they are expected to start 35-40 games compared to one that is expected to start 5-10 at most?

2 Likes

Holding is the perfect 3-4th choice CB.

Happy to sit on the bench, likes the club, has a different more defensive skill set to our starting CBS, great to bring on in a tight match we need to see out as he’s more “defensive” and no nonsense.

5 Likes

You’ve missed the point because you suggested my original post was contradictory. You would have a slight case with my El Nenny stance, but my point with him was he is a decent squad option, but I feel that we could buy a younger and/or cheaper player to do a similar job with potentially a much bigger upside.

I think Holding is crap. Crap we could get 15 - 20m for. Why would I be contradictory by suggesting we should sell and buy a player who fits our style or has a stand out feature?

I’m more than happy to keep Holding as 4th choice. He’s reasonably reliable for a 4th choice CB, he’s English (helps with the quota) and doesn’t really cost us a bomb in wages.

I don’t rate him particularly highly but I can see he absolutely gives it his all on the pitch

3 Likes

Agreed @SRCJJ

I don’t think he’s crap, I don’t think we’d probably get as much as that for him, and as others have said what quality can we really attract to be 4th choice?
He fulfills English quota, seems to love life at the club and even if we were able to sell for £20m, after agent, transfer fees and wages movements I’m not convinced we’d really gain anything from the switch money-wise.

Rather we focused our transfer business elsewhere (striker *2, CM *1 or 2, right back)
Add CB to that and I’m not convinced management will get around to all of them.

Having said all that, Newcastle come along and offer us 25-30m I’d take it, but purely to help us with our transfer targets in other positions.

1 Like

100% agree with you all and in response to @Truth_hurts …re-watch the Wolves game when we went down to 10 men! Holding 4th choice, with Saliba coming back next seaon. We are sorted at CB now! Finally!

1 Like

I don’t believe we’d get anymore than 10 million or so for Holding. I don’t rate him highly but tbh I can live with him as a 4th choice CB.

2 Likes

We don’t really need another wide forward of this age profile but I would love for us to sign Olise before he truly blows up.

Great balance and agility, one of the best dribblers of the ball in the league already despite only being 20 years old. Everytime I see him I feel there is an x factor with him.

Supposedly has a £35m release clause.

4 Likes

I’d like one Broja from Chelsea, please.

Hopefully the uncertainty around that dumpsterfire leads to some sales.

no one want gouiri? I think he could grow to be one of the biggest talents in football and if not snapped up soon he will be going for 100m+ i reckon once he really hits his stride and is a known name…probably ends up a RM or Barca.

1 Like

Plenty have mentioned him before. Personally I’m very wary of French talent though after recent scandals.

Buying Tammy for a cut-price to occupy one of the two-strike positions was never a bad deal.
We missed a trick here

Abraham is a good striker, I said it in the summer that he’d be a good addition. He’s playing well at Roma too

2 Likes

Chelsea were never selling him to us

1 Like

Why not?

They only give us past it players lol