Transfer Wishlist

Raphina would be a great signing. We should go for it.

Fully expected him to sign for Bayern, during the January window. Not sure why it fell through.

Competition will be big, but hopefully he buys the Arteta project.

3 Likes

Kalvin Phillips and Raphinha.

6 Likes

Goes without saying we need a striker but Raphinha should be utmost priority as there are no question marks over him IMO

Heā€™s electric and will be a certified top player in this league if he doesnā€™t leave England.

Pretty sure if he goes anywhere in the PL itā€™ll be Chelsea, theyā€™ve already been heavily linked since Nov/December.

*Liverpool and Bayern were the ones most linked with him.
Liverpool could go all the way with buying Raphinha on top of Diaz and essentially finalizing their new attacking trio with Diaz-Jota-Raphinha.

3 Likes

Didnā€™t know Bayern played in the PL now mate :open_mouth:

Just correcting you that Bayern and Liverpool were the ones most linked with him the past months.

Well you didnā€™t correct anything as all I said was that Chelsea were heavily linked and they were.

Latest reports have Chelsea on pole to sign him. Liverpool got Diaz so donā€™t need him as much and Bayern re-signed Coman.

Bayern could be losing Gnabry.
Iā€™ve honestly first heard of Chelsea being interested in Raphinha from you. I know they were interested in Dembele.
Liverpool are still looking for a Salah successor and they still havenā€™t agreed a new contract with him.
You best believe theyā€™ll be all over Raphinha in the summer if Leeds go down.

1 Like

Just canā€™t see the scousers losing mane or salah this summer nevermind both. Now they have Diaz that gives them 4 solid players across the front line with Minamino and Firmino backing up.

Surprised me originally when I heard Chelsea linked with Raphinha as well, because he doesnā€™t seem like their usual type of player and theyā€™ve signed about 10 AMā€™s the last few years. Seems like they are fed up of Puli and Ziyech has been hit and miss, so Raphinha is the new shiny toy.

Do agree heā€™d be more likely to join Bayern out of the three but in the PL Iā€™d favour Chelsea to get him.

1 Like

United might go for Raphinha if Greenwoods career is over (which seems likely). They will need a left footed RW type player.

1 Like

Lol I was thinking about them as well, surprised they havenā€™t been linked yet.

Stockpiling fast wingers when they need a whole defence and two CMā€™sā€¦right up their street.

Raphina is quality. Iā€™m not convinced that the wide areas are a priority though with us having Saka, ESR, Martinelli and Pepe as options. If we address our needs for central midfielders and a striker however, Raphina would be a brilliant (albeit expensive) pickup.

For rightback Iā€™d like Bogle or Spence from the Championship. Both young, great going forward and would be happy as back up to Super Tom.

CB - Saliba back in with Holding and Mari gone. Its such a shame we lost Mavropanos. Iā€™d like a signing of a similar ilk to when we signed him to come in, but donā€™t have a name. Allegedly, Tarkowski is available on a free, but am not sure heā€™s get enough starts here to entice him.

CM - Only Partey and Lokonga should still be here next year if we are serious with Azeez and Patino loaned and used in cups. We need some quality in here and no messing around. El Nenny, Xhaka, AMN, Guendouzi and Torriera out and two need to come in. There are so many options. Any two of Neves, Tielemans, Ruiz, Luiz, Sanches, Kessie, Bissouma, Bellingham (pipe dream) or Phillips improve us.

Striker - As mentioned a few times, I donā€™t have a name, but we need to seriously invest in this area. Other teams do not respect our strikers and that needs to change rapidly. I donā€™t think it would be terrible to buy a back up like Callum Wilson or Bamford or even get Origi on a free as a direct option. For our no.1 striker we need to get somebody capable of leading the line and scoring goals. I like DCL but his injuries are to constant. Same with Oshihmen.

If we address all of that then yes a Gnabry or Raphina would be lovely.

1 Like

Yeah, hard to look past these two. If weā€™re in Europe or seriously considering better than top four next year, an attacker of Raphinhaā€™s quality is a must.

Phillips is also a really energetic, combative and technically strong midfielder.

Outside of these two, Cornet, Sarr, Dennis, maybe Aarons on the cheap.

2 Likes

Do you really think itā€™s worth getting rid of Elneny? For the 4th choice midfielder I think heā€™s worth extending, dude doesnā€™t moan and give his all every time he does get a chance.

Fine as a squad player for me. Iā€™d bin the rest and sign a bona fide starter to play next to Partey.

Iā€™m happy to keep Holding as a 4th choice CB. Not interested in a guy like Mavropanos, glad heā€™s gone from the team he never showed anything that suggested heā€™s better than Holding.

Iā€™m also happy to keep Xhaka and Elneny if we sign competent midfielder to partner Partey in a midfield pivot.

2 Likes

El Nenny is a decent squad player, but his profile of player is so easy to find. There are hundreds of players who could Nennyā€™s job but be younger, cheaper (wages) and might actually have one attribute be it strength, size, vision or a decent shot.

El Nenny has been a goid servant but itā€™s tike to move on. I feel similarly about Holding except the only attribute he has is a good attitude. Slow, easily bullied in the air and poor on the ball. We could sell him for a decent amount and bring in somebody much better for less.

What do people make of Gravenberch, particularly our resident Dutchmen @Bl1nk @Forever

Seems like he is a Partey clone. Iā€™m sure all the big clubs will be interested, could he be an ambitious summer target for us?

1 Like

You kind of counter your own point with this. A big positive with Bob Balding is that he is seemingly fine with just being a part of the squad.

Sure you could probably find someone better for a cheaper price but will they also be happy to be 4th choice and just come in and cover when we are low on numbers or in low level cup games?

To me, he is serviceable enough that Iā€™d be pretty happy if we bring back Saliba and have Bob Balding as our 4th CB.

1 Like

Yeah this didnā€™t make sense to me either, we sell a shit player for more money and buy a better one for less than we get for Holding?