Transfer Wishlist

Yeah, City and Juve are the ones being heavily linked.
For City though he is a Haaland alternative.

I still think Bayern should be in the mix to replace Lewa though.

Fiorentina will agree to some ridiculous deal and let Juventus have the player. 1 year loan with a obligation to buy at €30m plus add ons or some shit like that.

Need 2 midfielders

Would you take him for 6 months?

No :slight_smile:

Absolutely. It’s crazy that United are not keeping him.

2 Likes

We create so few chances, that he’d be made to look shit in our system.

1 Like

This is a good point. But I do think his movement will be great, as well as his ability to bring others into play.

Plus he can actually play on the flanks and as a striker too

1 Like

Considering the dire options we have we can’t turn our noses up at someone like Cavani for a short spellwho still ooozes class despite being past his best.

United wouldn’t allow it anyways

1 Like

His injury record the past years is a massive red flag though. Knowing our luck, he would probably play once and then leave.

Only after we give him a massive play rise and make him captain. :grinning:

2 Likes

How dare you. We have a captain for life already at the club. Show some respect. His parents trusted him with their keys.

1 Like

It would be such an Arsenal move to give him a 1yr contract on £350k, and then he gets injured in his first game and never plays for us again :slight_smile:

We’ve never brought a player in at his age and on that kind of money though. It would be the complete opposite of an Arsenal move.

Not saying waiting til they’ve been here a few years and then doing it is any better but there is zero chance we sign up Cavani under these circumstances.

I think Jules means older player on high wages in general. Just this summer Aguero senior said we offered his son a contract and the previous summer we signed Willian on relatively high wages too.

I don’t think it’s likely we sign Cavani either but I wouldn’t consider it impossible.

1 Like

Fair on Willian. Don’t really believe we were seriously interested in Aguero though, maybe we asked a question but he was always going to Barca so doubt it ever got near money talk.

1 Like

Type of player and deal Arsenal should be looking at

1 Like

google says he’s 19, not sure we need more of those. We probably need to either make these ourselves or buy them when they’re more of a finished product imo. Not sure I trust our talent development for strikers atm.

Buying these kids is a bit like buying lottery tickets as well, for a club like ours you might gamble away your limited budget on duds, if you’re rich on the other hand you can just buy until you win and ppl will go ooo look world class now and they only paid a few mil for him, what an eye for talent! :relaxed:

1 Like

Sounds like we’re getting a new striker in January ladies and gents. :sweat_smile:
Out of curiosity, considering how limited the market is in January, would you prefer a stopgap signing and invest in top young striker in the summer or not?

• Stopgap striker in January, top young striker in the summer
  • Top young striker in January

0 voters

Why would you want to wait a further 6 months if we’re getting a top young striker either way in this scenario out of curiosity?

10 Likes