Transfer Wishlist

A 20% markup in the price. That’s basically it.

4 Likes

It’s a Wishlist thread so I want Haaland.

1 Like

Thats the spirit.

I want Sterling.

3 Likes

Prepare to be educated from a fiscal POV and why some kid whose just finished his Santa list is a much better option.

2 Likes

Why stop there? If it’s a wishlist I’d want some highly illegal gene spliced Haaland-Mbappe-Spiderman hybrid.

3 Likes

Of all the superheroes/powers you could have chosen, I’m struggling to see the benefits of spiderman in a footballing sense :joy:

Suppose spidey-sense for a goalkeeper!

2 Likes

Get rid of Aubameyang and Lacazette then go mad and spend our budget on Sterling and Watkins.
They are the sort of dynamic players we have been lacking upfront for several seasons and with Saka, ESR and Odegaard, would make a very good attacking line up.

Then get a proper manager.

Sterling yes, but I think we need a better CF than Watkins as much as I don’t mind him as a player.

3 Likes

Throw 70m at Vlahovic. He reminds me of a young RVP, maybe with a slightly heavier touch. But he seems the real deal and will be devestating in a year or two.

2 Likes

Agreed. Splash the cash and offload Auba

If we get Aubameyang and Lacazette off the wage bill, which has got to be around 25m a season and get a striker like Vlahovic, Watkins or DCL, as well as Sterling, we’d have a first team that would easily be good enough for a top four place.

But are the board going to spend more than 100m to pay for them and do they trust Arteta enough to spend even more money?

Another 100m on to attacking players would take his transfer spending to over 300m and it’s not as if we have players to sell that could help pay for it.

2 Likes

Good Q, If we made CL I could see it in the summer

DCL or Vlahovic in Jan? Not sure the club has the balls all things considered

I don’t think anybody thought Auba wouldn’t be putting up numbers this year

1 Like

If that happens, I would be backing Arteta as well. :grinning:

But, I agree, I don’t think we’ll see any big signings like this until the end os the season.
Everton are also unlikely to sell him because, since his injury, they look hopeless in attack.

2 Likes

Ah, can’t be putting my guy Vlahovic with those other two. He’ll be World Class in a few years.

3 Likes

Fuck that guy, hope he flops at Juve. :grimacing:

1 Like

Juve surely won’t have the cash will though ? 70 million instalments over 15 years ?

He’s been heavily rumoured to be going there. I’m sure Juve will find a way, they always do.

2 Likes

There’s no way that Vlahovic will cost any club the sums being thrown around. His contract is expiring in 2023 and he’s made it clear he won’t sign another deal.

He’ll end up at Juventus because they’ll probably pay around €40-50m for him in a few instalments which will be manageable due to them selling a few players in the summer to temporarily balance the books.

Probably a free transfer to Juve in 18 months.

1 Like

Saw him linked to Man City yesterday. They’re reportedly lining up a January move for him.

But apparently he doesn’t want to go anywhere until the summer.