Transfer Wishlist

Don’t think there are enough options in the summer. More than likely we’ll have to settle, which isn’t ideal for such an important position.

We’ll be settling in some fashion or other, there aren’t that many world class and readily available strikers out there at the moment and I find it hard to believe that we could even sneak into the tier below and nab someone like Vlahovic, which is a shame because we should always be considered a step up from Fiorentina, but it’s simply the nature of the market right now and it’s not in our favour.

It’s why I’m not against a Watkins or DCL type deal, which is something we should be able to push through at any time of the year.

Watkins or DCL is fine but shouldn’t put us off going big for a Vlahovic if there is even a chance in the future.

2 Likes

Do you mean attempt to get both over the course of a season or two?

1 Like

Ay pal

I suppose it depends what we could get someone like DCL or Watkins for and if they would take us to the CL but yeh we I don’t disagree and we can dream

3 Likes

he is having a phenomenal season so far.

Arsenal should have taken a chance on Schick off the back of his Euros performance. 14 goals in 12 apps…he’s not leaving for anything less than £40m

1 Like

Pennies to us.

Funnily enough, when I was thinking about stopgap, I was thinking about him specifically.
I think he is on top form after the Euros and can see him hit the ground running if he moves in January too.
I guess the only concern is how much they’ll ask for him. Last time we went to them for Tapsoba for 70m I think?

Any attacking player would be smart to avoid Arsenal until Arteta is gone. That Vlahovic guy or whatever the fuck his name is has the right idea don’t even pick up the fucking phone unless ur a forward who all of a sudden wants to score zero goals because u get no service.

4 Likes

25 years old, a wealth of experience under his belt at the top stages, for club and country, and not super high profile enough that bigger clubs than us will be pulling up trees for.

I agree with @BigWeng_4LYFE to a degree that a striker won’t solve our problems under Arteta’s management, however, we still need to be putting the right pieces in place for the next cuck.

3 Likes

Meanwhile (Arsenal are playing West Ham, I have Leverkusen on on the other screen), Schick has another two goals now, about 15 mins left of the game.

1 Like

Who knows with this new guy we have we might get him…he is actually pretty decent wouldnt mind him here

lol well they conceded two goals in the last ten mins to make it 2-2 and got a red card on Diaby on added time which was stupid as fuck, he’s pretty important for them this season lol :joy:

absolute rollercoaster team, this. but Schick did well, individually.

We probably still are. But Vlahovic is so in demand. He isn’t choosing Fiorentina over us. He isn’t signing a new contract with them. Man City and Juventus are both heavily linked to him. They’re currently bigger than us. His agent will be looking at that.

Though, he is still young. And we are a young team, which might appeal. If we somehow manage to get top 4 and CL football you never know. Vlahovic has said he won’t leave Fiorentina until the summer (so yeah, all well and good wanting a young striker in January, but might not be possible) . We have the means to attack top talent. Just need to execute it.

1 Like

Declan Rice went up in my estimation after his post match interview last night. I dont see any reason why we couldnt sign him IF we get UCL football. We would have to break our transfer fee however.

Remember when Wilshere was bigging him up every chance he had?
Didn’t he say anyone who signs him will win the league?
Lad screams Chelsea or Man Utd. Can’t see him coming here.

That’s why I posted this on the wishlist thread haha. I agree, I dont see it happening, but if we get UCL football, that changes the demographic of player we can bring to the carpet.

1 Like