Transfer Wishlist

You have to think they’d be willing to sell one of Dest or Emerson Royal. Makes no sense to be in such financial shit yet hold onto two young RBs.

1 Like

You’d think so, but Barcelona are one of a handful of clubs run worse than Arsenal. I could see them keeping both. Maybe they sell Emerson Cheese in some sketchy accounting trick deal.

It is so annoying that we keep hearing how there are bargains to be had in Europe and everyone is broke as a joke but our masterplan is to get quoted a huge fee for Tapsoba, overpay for Ben White, massively overpay for Ramsdale and think about paying €70m for Maddison. It’s just strange.

Maybe after the Euro and Copa end we’ll see this explosion of movement?

I think we’ll see a lot happen once the Euros end. My suspicion is that we already have the White deal locked up barring a medical but we’re not announcing it until we can film some dumb social media video.

Maybe I’m being naive but I just can’t believe that the Ramsdale rumors are legit. I actually think he is a pretty good young keeper. But Leno hasn’t been credibly linked with a move anywhere. So why would we spend serious coin on a backup keeper? And if we did why we want it to be Ramsdale when Arteta has put so much emphasis on having keepers that can play with their feet and he has spent most of his career playing for sides (the one year with Bournemouth excepted I guess) who just wanted him to boot it up the pitch? Arteta and Edu are obviously capable of some stupid shit but its a rumor that really just doesn’t add up to me.

1 Like

The Ramsdale one is so odd. Beyond the fact he was not very good last year with Sheffield you make a great point about his footwork and playing out from the back. Although we just extended Holding’s deal and he definitely is more of a kick and rush defender, not a fancy footwork guy.

Then there are all these weird rumors about the club wanting a homegrown keeper. Why?

Maybe Edu and Arteta think they’re being clever by bringing in a guy they rate in preparation for Leno leaving next summer?

But is Ramsdale one of those guys you pluck from a relegated/bottom feeder team like a Robertson or a Maguire? It’s always a little dicey signing defenders from relegated/ bottom feeder teams imo. (Good thing we’re not trying to do that, right!)

1 Like

If United get a free run at Camavinga for 25m then something dodgy’s going on.

One of the most highly rated players in world football so shouldn’t make that much difference that he only has 1 year left on his contract

Dani Olmo

3 Likes

Alot of the big clubs are having limited windows minus PSG and United

Arsenal should be interested tbh

2 Likes

What about Chelsea and City? Liverpool too. I think we’ll see more of the big names starting to talk with clubs once the Euros end.

Dunno, beyond the Hakimi stuff it been quiet at Chelsea.

I’m guessing City are focusing on Grealish and Kane which could be a £200m outlay minimum

Trying to get Haaland who isn’t a small feat.

Tariq is back! :eyes:
Hoping he stays fit.

If we can lock down White and Lokonga, then add Aouar and one of Locatelli/Sanches/Camavinga I’d be very happy. Throw Onana in for good measure.

Team (4-3-3)

Strikers: Auba, Laca
Wingers: Pepe, Saka, Martinelli
Midfield: Partey, Aouar, LocaSanVinga, Smith-Rowe, Lokonga, Elneny
Fullbacks: Tierney, Chambers, Tavares, Cedric/AMN
Centerbacks: Gabriel, White, Holding, Mari
Keepers: Leno, Onana, Okonkwo

Loan out Saliba, Balogun, Azeez, Nelson, and Okonkwo in the winter once Onana is allowed to play.

Get rid of everybody else.

I feel like that is actually a very good team and might be the best side we’ve had since 15-16. We still might finish fifth because the teams ahead of us just very good. But I think we would be in with a shout for top four if one of them stumbled significantly.

We’d also be nicely set up to integrate some of the loanees the following year, Balogun for Laca, Azeez for Elneny, Saliba for Mari or Holding if somehow he worked it out with Arteta, Okonkwo becomes Onana’s backup, Nelson becomes wing depth if he has a breakout loan spell or gets sold if he doesn’t. Then look to spend big on Auba’s successor next summer or the summer afterward and we are in business.

3 Likes

I think that’s a likely squad apart from Onana. Feels like we really did drop our interest in him for whatever reason.

1 Like

Probably because he’s very well priced for someone of his quality, that’s not the way this club operates in the transfer market.

4 Likes

Bring Raheem Sterling to the carpet.

It feels like an Özil type transfer back in 2013. Not completely needed positionally, but when a player of Sterling’s quality becomes available, you have to try and make a push.

4 Likes

If we got Sterling it would be a great window because a player of that sort of quality is what we need and would give the club massive lift.
If he was our only transfer, it would be way better than buying several underwhelming players, who aren’t much better than what we already have.

Having an attacking line up of Sterling alongside Saka, ESR, Pepe and Aubameyang is going to make a lot more difference than a few mediocre signings, like the ones we’ve been linked with.

3 Likes

Where is Sterling gonna play? LW? If so, who is ESR’s alternative at #10? Saka?

Sterling, Pepe and Auba as an attacking lineup would be fucking BEAST with Saka and ESR as back ups on the wings.

Damn that would be sexy as fuck.

3 Likes

He would be a bench player.
If Arteta can’t make our attack more efficient with Sterling, Pepe and Saka, the we will have to get someone who can.
We lack game changers and that is exactly what Sterling is, and he and Saka even looked good under Southgate, who’s even more defensive and unimaginative than Arteta.

2 Likes

Who the creator though? All of those guys like to be at the end of a chance. Sterling can create some chances for himself, so can Pepe but I don’t think there’s much balance in that front 3.