Transfer Wishlist

Yep, absolutely

We have players we need to shift, Pepe will surely command a fee albeit at our substantial loss.
The money we have to spend plus what we make will help us to bring these guys in no doubt.

Joachim Andersen, Mathias Jensen, Christian Norgaard, Jesper Lindstrom and Rasmus Hojlund.

Sign those 5 players and weā€™ll win the treble next season guaranteed.

2 Likes

We wonā€™t even win the Carabao with a summer like that.

2 Likes

Might win the championship the season after :wink:

1 Like

Hes nicked that quote off a Spurs forum, surely!

https://twitter.com/karthikadhaigal/status/1663958687462080512?t=zng7xQbHl2chfzcuIOvB8Q&s=09

4 Likes

Looks like an Odegaard regen on highlight clips. Tricky little left footed touches all over the place.

1 Like

Watching En-Nesyri tonight. My number 1 number 2 number 9ā€¦

What is everyoneā€™s thoughts on Livramento. Southampton will need to raise funds and heā€™s a decent young English RB. Only drawback is Chelsea have a buy back clause

I wouldnā€™t worry about the buy-back clause. If itā€™s mento be, then itā€™s mento be.

2 Likes

He was apparently a target of ours before his injury and even before he went to Southampton.

Tbh, like with Fresneda I think itā€™s best we keep monitoring them for now. Let them get more minutes under and see how they fair.

Weā€™re entering a phase now where itā€™s really hard to break into the team, especially for young players.

Alright, lets assume we get Rice and Havertz. Xhaka and Tierney both go, Nelson signs. What else do you we need?

I think its useful to think about this hypothetical: Weā€™ve got a decently tough league game (say, away to West Ham or Brenford) at the weekend, our usual starting XI is the same as last year with Rice in for Xhaka, and while everybody is available a number of players really could use a rest in order to preserve them for the long haul. How many other players do we have that Arteta trusts enough to insert into the starting XI even though he doesnā€™t really have to do it (ie, his hand isnā€™t being forced by injury)?

Right now Iā€™d say that list would be:

Havertz
Trossard
Jorginho

And then a bunch of guys who could earn that trust (or earn it back) but donā€™t have it right now:

Tomiyasu
Kiwior
ESR
Nelson
Vieira
Nketiah

To me its not enough. In particularly, we need at least one top level defender - ideally another CB/RB hybrid - who Arteta doesnā€™t think twice about rotating in for Saliba or White and doesnā€™t feel like we have to change our tactics to compensate. And then Arteta and Edu need to really think about the likelihood of a couple guys on that last list earning the necessary trust to move into the first group. If that happens we could have close to a complete squad but without it weā€™re going to end up being effectively short again.

Given we sign Rice, Havertz and a defender, and the rumoured outgoings happen, the squad should look like this:

GKs:
Ramsdale
Turner
Hein

DFs:
White
Tomiyasu
Saliba
CB/FB
Gabriel
Kiwior
Zinchenko

MFs:
Rice
Partey
Jorginho
Havertz
Vieira
Odegaard
ESR

FWs:
Saka
Nelson
Jesus
Nketiah
Martinelli
Trossard

Note: Some players can play in other areas too.
e.g Partey can play as a FB, Havertz can play as a FW

Itā€™s a huge improvement from a year ago in terms of quality and depth. Existing players will theoretically develop further considering their age and experience.

2 Likes

@GC-Maniac I havenā€™t really followed Havertz that closely since he has been at Chelsea, so where do you think his best position is? When he arrived he was considered a huge prospect and had good stats in Germany, but hasnā€™t managed it in the PL. Is that down to the way Chelsea have utilised him or because of the physicality of the PL?

Weā€™ve got our own Chelsea fan on OA in @Phoebica. She can give us an expert analysis.

2 Likes

Genuine questionā€¦Iā€™m struggling to see him in the Xhaka role, whereas Mason Mount could easily play there and as youā€™ve said before could play LW or RW or No.10 as well. Seems much more versatile than Havertz.

With all these chelsea rumours, lets get that bid in for Mykhailo.

1 Like

Nah, fuck him. Heā€™ll be on loan to Udinese in a few years.

Very happy with the Saliba contract extension and it looks as though Xhaka us going, so here we go.

Out: Hein and Okoronko (8m), Holding (15m), Tierney (35m), Xhaka (10m), AMN (free), Patino (10m), Vieira (15m), Lokonga (20m), Pepe (10m), Nketiah (35m), Balogun (40m). 198m

In: Cancelo (40m), Rice (90m), Lavia (30m), Maddison (45m), Vlahovic (50m). 255m

Goncalo Ramos really caught the eye during the WC. Wonā€™t mind seeing him play for us tbh.

1 Like

ok party people my first attempt at a wish list pls note wish

Gvaridol - Ā£75 - yeh im going there - LCB or LB maybe play 3 at the back and a proper statement signing. Gives massive depth/quality long term especially with KT situation

Cancelo - Ā£35 - we need quality for CL and the long seasonā€¦ he knows the bossman too and gives White freedom for Saliba cover

Rice - $95 - we all know the deal so no need to go on

Milinkovic-Savic - Ā£20 - for the price he is being quoted at he would add real quality/depth and strength *note Xhaka leaves n he adds goals

Lavia - Ā£35 - a perfect backup for TP and a great long term prospect. Will also count as Hg

Havertz - Ā£45 - with bossman and our system lacking the chaos i think he could be a steal

Thuram - Ā£0 - can play across the front but also a big lad so adds another dimension

so thats Ā£305 and considering we should have about Ā£200 to start with before sales and for once we actually have players we want i cant see why notā€¦