Transfer Wishlist

Wouldn’t be against that at all.

Smalling would be great as cover for CB because he’s reliable, experienced and better than Holding.
He’s also considerably better than Sylvestre, who was the last ex Man U CB we signed. :grinning:

1 Like

I watch Roma almost every week and he’s been one of the standout players the last few years.
I think the club will rather get someone younger to properly compete with Saliba but it’s certainly a player I would like as a stopgap cover.

1 Like

It would be logical to go for an experienced player that may be willing to have less game time, but I’m not sure I am that positive about another ex-Utd defender coming into our ranks.

1 Like

Been over a week since my last transfer wishlist.

In: Smalling (free), Fresneda (20m), Rice (75m), Mac Allister (60m), Zaha (free). 155m

Out: Holding (20m), Tierney (40m), Mari (5m), Lokonga (25m), Azeez (5m), AMN (10m), Pepe (15m), Nelson, Nketiah (40m), John Jules (5m). Patino and Norton Cuffy on a loan to a top league. 165

Balogun comes in as our second choice striker or we sell him and buy Toney instead of scooping Zaha.

Bench option: Turner, Smalling, Kiwior,Fresneda,Tomi, Jorginho, Xhaka, Mac Allister, Zaha, ESR, Trossard, Balogun

-------------------------Rambo----------------------
-White----Saliba------------Gabriel–Zinny-
--------------Partey---------Rice------------------
-------Saka----Odegaard—Martinelli-----
---------------------Jesus----------------------------

We sell Trustee as well for 10m

This is not wishlist, it is “you wish”.

You really believe we can make a profit on Lokonga? :eyes:

2 Likes

Genuinely amazed anyone cares about transfers at this stage of a title race.

4 Likes

I do to be honest. As wank as Sambi has been for us, Championship midfielders go for more than the 16m he cost us.

Kompany should be throwing the kitchen sink at Edu to sign the new Yaya.

While clubs sleep, other clubs are already making moves.

1 Like

What a load of bollocks, Arsenal will be working on whatever they’re planning to do. I just don’t get why fans would be obsessing about it in the late stages of a title race.

1 Like

So fans shouldn’t be excited about potential signings? What world do you live in?

I’m enjoying watching the team this year for the first time in a bloody long time. It’s even more exciting to think where we can go with an Upgrade on Xhaka and adding another top calibre player or two.

3 Likes

I just find it very weird that that’s where anyone’s head is. I didn’t say don’t be excited, I hope we sign some good players but there’s more interest in this weekends injury news than any transfer speculation right now. I sometimes think some fans care more about transfers than actual football.

Only you will know how you came to that conclusion.

It would be great if you could update us on any injury news though in the relevant topics.

1 Like

Not really, as I said above why I find it strange for people to be worrying about transfers at this point of the season.

Not sure why you felt it required a dig about injury news.

Yeah as good as Xhaka has been with his work rate etc for us this season, defensive work and chipping in offensively, he just isn’t a Bernardo or Gundogen with that deft finesse that City have in that role, City are so lucky to have those options without having to give up anything defensively.

1 Like

Agreed. Xhaka has qualities and is having a brilliant season. He brings discipline and physicality. Goals have also been added to his game.

He is however a little cumbersome on the ball at times (one touch too many) and not dynamic.

1 Like

It seems to be the way the young football fans work

Its all about individuals and transfers to where they may or may not be playing. My son loves it!
On FIFA on the PS5 they have cards, and its all about which cards they own, and buying and selling them.

Its made them transfer hungry.

Im with you though, literally thinking about the next game for the entire week before we get there and trying to keep a lid on it until KO!

The funny thing is, you’re probably too young to remember teletext. They had pages dedicated to transfers. This was pre transfer window.

The typical football fan has always been fascinated by transfers.

It’s called investment. I’m back invested in the team. I’m already thinking about wardrobe shopping to coordinate with the new green kit.

1 Like