Transfer Wishlist

Oh teletext is gold
Always remember reading it with my step dad, straight to page 301!!

3 Likes

Then you should know that the teletext and sticker book generation (my generation) are far more transfer hungry than the youngsters of today.

Hell, not many children even football fans can comfortably watch 90 minutes of football.

I would have guessed the opposite if anything
The Teletext era of fan hate the modern day shit associated with transfers and the constant rumour mill.

Its more the youngsters that drive that on social media.

Thats what I would have said anyways.

2 Likes

I want The Rasmus at The Arsenal.

Will be hard to pry away because of the clubs after him, however, if we want to be serious in the CL next year, this guy looks phenomenal.

You could be right. Pre transfer window(s) most rumours had legs potentially but now there appears to be much fewer rumours than the teletext days. Or, maybe I miss out on a lot as somebody who doesn’t use Insta and Twitter?

The Bosman rule works against this a little though as player contracts running out or running down impacts rumours. Players are going to be linked to moves and contracts. I mean look at Saliba and Balogun - they’re going to be linked away because the have limited time remaining.

Regardless, I’m going to continue to be nearly 40 and excited about transfers. I don’t give a toss if forum members think I should be focusing on every intricate detail of the title race 100% of the time Instead.

Nah Im not saying you shouldnt be excited about it fella, crack on.

Was just chipping in to say I thought it was more of a yoof thing nowadays

1 Like

No, I completely get your point. It makes sense.

You know what’s sad though. I’m a Primary school teacher and it breaks me how many children don’t give a fuck about WWF/WWE and the relatively small amount who seem to care about football compared to back in day.

I’d love it if the Arsenal fans in my classes were ready to have the Nketiah vs Balogun debate but most won’t know who Balogun is!

lol

Oh man that reminds of Fever Pitch. All the kids giving it to him on May 26th 1989 on their way out of his class.

When we were young we used to do football training at our club, then go back into the bar afterwards and all the kids would sit in front of the TV and watch WWF then do the moves on each other in the club! It was fantastic.

1 Like

:muscle:

1 Like

How’s his passing?

Mostly plays short passes, which helps to keep the play ticking. Rarely misplaces them

2 Likes

Super impressive player, don’t know who I like more out of he and Rice.

If we don’t get Rice then Caicedo could be just as good.
He’s younger than Rice and looks very comfortable playing in the PL, for a very good Brighton team, although some of their supporters might not be that impressed with losing another player to us.

1 Like

Rice and Caicedo are different players. Rice firmly a No.6. Caicedo is more of a No.8. We could sign both!

3 Likes

Exactly. Rice and Caicedo are nothing alike.

1 Like

Rice makes sense as a long term replacement for Partey.

Putting aside the fact they could both play both roles. I don’t think this is an accurate generalisation at all.

1 Like

No. Caicedo can play No.6 although I wouldn’t say that is his natural position. Rice is a DM. He doesn’t play a more advanced midfield role for West Ham.

Id say Caicedo is the more Partey like player out of the 2, I think Rice fits into the Xhaka role more IMO

1 Like

I think both players make sense as Partey long-term replacements. Xhaka’s position requires a bit more adroitness with the ball.

1 Like