Tomas Rosicky

Shame he was so injury prone (you could say that about a few players during the last few years in the Wenger era) and we never really saw the best of him. He had such huge potential to be a Club legend, but sadly for me he never reached those heights. But he scored some beauties during his time and has a good rapport with the fan’s, so he be remembered fondly.

Remember when we used to play beautiful football?

3 Likes

Beautiful goal, from a beautiful player :heart: Fuck socks, I really bloody miss him :santi:

Seeing as we have Spurs next weekend, I HAVE to throw this classic into the thread

:giroud2:

3 Likes

Will be the last week of it being the goal that last won us a game away to Spurs in the league :wink:

Don’t talk to me about Abou Diaby - this man right here is the biggest waste of talent through injuries. European football was robbed of a great player missing so many years of his prime because he couldn’t stay fit.

But yeah it’s sad that we once had Rosicky, Hleb, Fabregas, Flamini and Nasri in the same midfield and we didn’t win a title. The football we played in 2007-08 was the best football we played under Wenger IMO. As much as I loved the raw pace, power and beauty of the Invincibles team I think the stuff we played in 07-08 was just outrageous.

5 Likes

Easy. Xhaka to score like this :henry2:

A bad word cannot be said about this man, it’s just not possible.

16 Likes

loved this guy

1 Like

We need more guys like him on our team. He was such class. Fuck injuries.

2 Likes

Watching YouTube video’s on another quarantaine weekend. We talked about who, especially Cesc, is or isn’t an Arsenal legend. If his career wasn’t derailed by injuries he would definitely be an Arsenal legend (unless he would have had a short career here like Hleb).

8 Likes

Should have been counted among Silva, Toure, Hazard at the very least

1 Like

Rosicky remains the only Arsenal player post-2004 I would have made space for in the Invincibles.

1 Like

On the bench?

No way he gets in over Pires or Ljungberg

2 Likes

At the time I genuinely thought we’d found the perfect replacement for pires.

Maybe even an improvement. Especially after that works cup screamer for the Czechs.

That knee injury was a real bastard

1 Like

He was the perfect replacement for Pires. As was van Persie for Bergkamp. Those were some excellent finds from Wenger. Not the player themselves, because they were known. But how well they fitted in the system.

5 Likes

Sadly he didn’t have the football to replace Pires

1 Like

After initial hostility, I must say I’m coming around to revisiting every Arsenal debate of the last decade.

Maybe we could expand the concept and just reenact great forum moments and bring back the Gonzalo Higuain transfer rumour thread from 2014.

Great player but it’s a shame he was just a bit too lightweight for the PL.
Certainly one of the best players we’ve seen since we moved to the Emirates.

1 Like

Only makes sense to revisit the past more often as a Arsenal fan. Arsenal are shit. Arsenal are going to be shit for the foreseeable future. Nobody likes to talk about shit.

Right now there isn’t much going on anyway because of the Rona.

1 Like

That is misconceptions often laid towards Rosicky.
Rosicky was one of tenacious tacklers in the league and very aggressive & precise slide tackler. He also had an intense pressing game.

His injuries was down to rare knee condition which took a long time to diagnose. His shortcomings were down to his injuries rather than his physicality.

3 Likes