Tomas Rosicky

Why was the fee so low?

No idea tbh, was fucking delighted when we signed him.

Was low but not that low in 2006 and Dortmund were I dire straights IIRC

Maybe last year of his deal? Dortmund paid a decent fee for him only a few years earlier.

4 Likes

:grin:

5 Likes

Didn’t realise that was Bendtner’s first goal for the club. Huge moment to score your first!

4 Likes

I really thought we’d instantly replaced the football of Robert Pires when we signed Rosicky :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Was Rozzy the first signing of the Emirates era?

I think your’e right.
Rosicky was the first signing at the Emirates, along with the awesome Denilson. :grinning:

2 Likes

It wasn’t. Unless you are being pedantic about PL goals.

His first competitive strike for the Gunners was the match-winning goal in a 2–0 League Cup match against Newcastle United on 25 September 2007.[15] On 23 October, he scored his debut UEFA Champions League goal in the 89th minute against Slavia Prague, finishing off a back-heeled pass from Emmanuel Eboué to complete a 7–0 win and equal the record Champions League victory.[16]

Bendtner’s first Premier League goal came on 22 December 2007 in a 2–1 Arsenal victory in the North London derby against Tottenham Hotspur at the Emirates Stadium.

1 Like

There was this video on youtube callede “Rosicky - An Arsenal Legend” and it had a song from Dreamgate - now we are free. Does anyone have a tip where I can find it now?

I’d have said YouTube but I assume you’ve tried there already.

Best of luck with the search tho

It’s on Spotify, just checked.

I’m sure it’ll be on YouTube as well.

So many old compilation videos on YouTube have disappeared in recent years (most likely due to copyright claims :disappointed_relieved:)

Yeah, I made a load of football compilations when I was like 15, about five or six of them, back in the early days of YouTube when you could get easily away with uploading copyrighted material.

I did try to do a deep delve into my YouTube account not that long ago to see if there was any trace of my uploads, I knew the videos would be gone but I though there may be a way to check out the amount of views etc my videos had before they were removed, but it’s as if I’ve never uploaded a video in my life. Which is a shame, as overall my videos had over a hundred thousand views, it’d just be cool to go back and look at that.

There was a cracking Fabregas one, which had the soundtrack from the film Sunshine playing over it and a Robert Pires goal compilation video that I had in my favourites which both disappeared. Gets a bit annoying as from time to time I like having a binge watch of old videos only to find some have gone :weary:

2 Likes
6 Likes

If Wenger was an influencer, he would have launched his own brand of coats by now