Told you so archive - Version 2020s

The middle ground was covered a few posts back.

1 Like

I think he meant in the poll perhaps.

1 Like

As did I.

This thread is for all in answers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should this thread just be for all in answers?

• Maybe
  • Perhaps
  • Mayhap
  • That might work well
  • Dont know

0 voters

Agree with this. For me, a massive hit is an Henry, or a Pires or any one of those legends from back when we used to be top dogs in the league.

I donā€™t think Pepe will get to those heights but I think he has the potential to get close to those heights. And yeah, maybe Arteta will be the catalyst for his transformation.

If Arteta can get him moving more off the ball, and get him to take better shots and not just the Arjen Robben cut-in curler ones, then he can still be a hit. Letā€™s hope heā€™s a young 25 :upside_down_face:

What awaits us in this decade?

• Mediocrity, mediocrity awaits us
  • A Premiere League Title
  • More than 1 Premiere League Title
  • FA Cup Title
  • More than 1 FA Cup Title
  • A European Trophy
  • More than 1 European Trophy
  • A Champions League Title
  • More than 1 Champions League Title
  • Being Trophyless
  • Relegation
  • Injuries
  • Managerial merry go round

0 voters

PS - Itā€™s a multi choice question

I wanted to say Premier League Title. I really did @trion. However, you spelt Premier wrong, so I didnā€™t.

(Iā€™m desperately awkward like that)

1 Like

Ah shucks. Think I will edit it after 30 or so voted on it

2 Likes

We canā€™t have such an archive if @AbouCuellar doesnā€™t even have a nomination. We spent the current decade haunted by his remarks from the decade before that :flushed:

Maybe we can change the Emirates Cup name to The Premiere League Title like those ā€˜ME TOOā€™ versions of brands you get at Aldi and Lidl.

1 Like

@Persona You are redeemed
@Calum You are redeemed
@ryaninho You are redeemed
@Isotonik You are redeemed
@Jules You are redeemed
@Bl1nk You are redeemed
@BizzySignal You are redeemed

@sunny310c You are wasted
@Cristo You are wasted
@Stroller You are wasted
@Kroenkeoutplease You are wasted
@Wivenswold You are wasted
@Optikal You are wasted
@Gunnerpr You are wasted

5 Likes

GET THE FUCK ONLINE DOC!!!

2 Likes

I am happy to be proven wrong so far. If Arteta is backed this summer and if he can show progress next season, it will be a huge serving of humble pie for me and am looking forward to it.

2 Likes

I know I didnā€™t vote in the poll, but I was always pro Arteta.

TOLD YOU ALL SO!

Seems I didnā€™t vote either, but Iā€™m sure everyone knew my stance regarding Arteta.

He needs to be backed this transfer window though and we need to push on and try and challenge for a CL spot, either in the league or by winning EL.

Curious how people like Arseblog, who were hyper critical of our recruitment, revise (or donā€™t) their opinions.

Luiz was fantastic yesterday. Dani was fantastic. Roadman was fantastic. Pepe was fantastic. All four signed this past summer with our bullshit contact based strategy.

I was definitely wrong about Pepe. A few more performances like this and we can actually think about building a team around him!

Goes without saying.

Weā€™re all a bit unsure in your stance regarding Klopp though

Yeah I was wrong. I was a referee for 10 years, what did you expect from me?

What??
We definitely need to hear more of this.
What was the worst thing to ever happen to you as a ref?