To all men …

Gents ………
Get yourselves , partners loved ones , dads , uncles , brothers etc booked into your drs for a simple PSA blood test for Prostate Cancer. It’s a very simple blood test that could save your or a loved ones life.
Us men, don’t talk about this enough, so get booked in .
And while you are thinking about it check your balls too or better still get someone to check your balls for you .
Don’t think it won’t happen to you because it could !
That simple blood test , that simple ball check could save you from wearing a nappy , having a pee bag fitted and suffering from lack of erections .
So gents , get booked in .

Ash

COYG

10 Likes

The PSA is a very unspecific test that could be raised in a variety of conditions and does not necessarily mean prostate cancer if raised.

Please don’t go to your doctor asking for a PSA if you have no symptoms or a lump.

If you have symptoms, like trouble peeing, a lump, and bloody urine, painful peeing, peeing over and over again, incomplete voiding etc. Then please do see a doctor.

2 Likes

What about whisky dick?

1 Like

or just become Indians and eat spicy food

Some men don’t get the symptoms you describe.
A blood test does .
But …… it’s being talked about so it’s a win win situation.

Thank you for contributing

2 Likes

thought Colonoscopy is more important…
I am going to be 50 and plan to do that…

now… prostate and testicles checking…

gotta find a young female family doctor :slight_smile:

1 Like

The stigma of getting checked is so immature and I’m definitely guilty of it.

The idea of a blood test over intrusive checks definitely appeals a lot more.

1 Like

I’d probably suggest one that’s not part of your family but that’s just me

10 Likes

Do this count for micropenises too?

2 Likes

discreet

1 Like

I had an infection in a bollock , fudge me the pain ! You wouldn’t believe the courage to phone up the drs and speak to a receptionist and tell them your symptoms.
One thing i did find out that using ‘medical’ terms is a no no .
When the receptionist asked me my problem
A simple ‘I’ve a pain in one of my bollocks’ broke the ice !
So ……… get sorted !!!

4 Likes

As it so happens I’ve been undergoing some investigations of possible prostate cancer (largely ruled out after my appointment earlier this week) or bladder cancer (more tests tomorrow).

My advice, especially as a young(ish) guy, is don’t trust your doctor, don’t expect them to take you seriously and keep pushing them until the incompetent bastards do their job.

6 Likes

Good luck Leper
Keep us all updated on this matter .

2 Likes

My penis (technically, it was just partial some skin) got itchy a few months back, and when I called the clinic, the embarrassing thing was not talking to the doctor.
It was talking to the female nurse.
Too techincal, they don’t understand.
Too explicit, not feeling comfortable.

1 Like

Very worthwhile thread this @Ashgooner1

It’s the unfortunate truth that all of us know someone close to us who’ll have been inflicted with this tragic disease.

1 Like

I can appreciate all this .
Firstly , if this crops up again , drop the medical term ‘penis’ .
Trust me , industrial language breaks barriers.
I’ve a painful knob , cock will ease the pressure.
When I had a bad bollock , and this is the truth I got through to a doctor who had deepest West Indian accent you’ve ever heard!

You certainly aren’t alone!

1 Like

Respect. Regarding seeing a doc for urinary and prostate stuff, it wasn’t half as awkward getting checked after actually enduring fucking annoying and uncomfortable issues for a while.

Comes a point where it’s like fuck sake I cba tolerating this bollocks (pardon the pun) without seeing a doc any more. I don’t think I’d have been as easy with it years ago. End of the day for the doctors dealing with this stuff, it’s nothing. They’re doing peoples DRE’s on a routine basis and that shit you probably don’t wanna Google.

I’m a relatively young guy and I was shocked how many ‘non life-threatening but incredibly annoying’ health issues, which I never really saw coming have hit me in the last 5 years or so. You can get away with so much rubbish until mid-late twenties but it can come back to bite big time. Then every food and lifestyle choice seems so much more significant. Start looking at your family’s genetics and all that shit. Humbling period of life for me health wise already and way more conscious of it now. End of the day you’re gonna cave to going for a check up one way or another before or after symptoms.

I actually find getting therapy is a much more difficult stigma to overcome than a physical health issue personally. Personal health and all that stuff I don’t find remotely awkward talking to the doctors honestly about any more. And it makes dealing with this shit a million times easier.

Although ironically my doctor wife basically put me off the prescribed medicines in the end due to the potential side effects. But still, well worth getting checked rather than being in doubt. The experience is just very minor.

4 Likes

Well done to all opening up

1 Like

It’s true- I’ve often found men to be far more relaxed talking about problems such as prostrate, toilet habits and sexual health than they ever would mental health.

3 Likes

The problem is Hills
Men will discuss this in a pub or over a curry but they won’t talk to a doctor.

2 Likes