Thomas Partey (5)

We’ll be 9th in the premier league next year too if we don’t sign anyone.

2 Likes

It’s not impossible. Unlikely, but not impossible. For example; Saliba back from loan, €10 million fee too make Mari permanent, Fraser on a free, Partey for €55 million. I wouldnt be surprised if something like that would be our transfer summer. But again Partey is unlikely.

1 Like

The only reason it’s unlikely is that release clauses must be paid in full so if Atletico insist on only his release being met - then it is not plausible for us to spend that kind of money without the benefit of instalments.

1 Like

giphy_s

2 Likes

The season isn’t done yet. Let’s wait and see! If the season restarts we have every chance of moving up table and at least getting Europa. I haven’t given up on CL football yet…irrespective however, if the season restarts all the PL clubs will receive the TV money for finishing the season which will mitigate the damage of COVID-19.

That source they are at it :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

#welcomethomas

3 Likes

Has he started training yet? It’s been a month since we signed him.

Man this rumour makes me want to enjoy football again.

9 Likes

This rumor is quickly reaching M’Villa levels of annoyance. He’s not coming here.

7 Likes

I’m not sure I see the comparison. M’Villa was a nothing player that spent the most pivotal part of his development angling for better moves before disappearing into obscurity.

Partey is a seasoned professional who plays brilliantly in one of the most combative midfields in Europe. Now can he do better than us? Absolutely, hell by staying where he is he can achieve that. If he does want to play in the EPL and if Atletico aren’t willing to fork over a big contract to him, then we absolutely should at least try.

We haven’t had a player of his ilk in around a decade.

1 Like

In 2030 we’ll still be linked with Partey.

1 Like

His announcement hashtag has to be #gettheparteystarted or cancel the signing

3 Likes

Why do I get the feeling they using us to angle for a better contract at Atleti ?

1 Like

I don’t think he’s comparing them as players, just comparing how much we were linked to M’Vila without signing him, as he assumes will happen with Partey.

You’ve gotta fight for the right to . . .

3 Likes

Though the M’Villa thing went on for years because no one wanted him. I’d say there are clubs all over the country wanting to sign Partey. He’ll probably end up somewhere really frustrating like Chelsea.

1 Like

M’Villa not even 30 until the end of this month. Thought he was older as it seems years since links to us seemed to die. I completely forgot about his stint at Sunderland as well :grin:

1 Like

@JakeyBoy already said it. I’m just tired of the drip rumors when he is out of our price range and we’re not even the second most attractive destination in London right now.