Thomas Partey (5)

Partey by himself would be a better double pivot than anything with Xhaka in it.

Man what a Part pooper.

4 Likes

End up a bit Part player.

Nah, at least Xhaka can pass, someone like Partey who is athletic and can cover ground as well as being more intelligent than him would cover up a lot of weaknesses in his game, which would make it a pretty solid pivot against non top 6 sides.

Torreira I see no point in unless heā€™s paired with a magician like Cazorla, Coquelin style, but even then I feel like Valencia Coquelin is probably better (more athletic, better physical conditions, basically the same player otherwise), and yeah, Valencia Coquelin is obviously hugely upgradable.

Torreira-Partey would just be a slightly upgraded version of Xhaka-Torreira, which is to say, pretty shit.

But it came straight from the playerā€™s mouth!

I was just pulling your plums there :joy: I have no knowledge of how to pronounce his name correctly.

4 Likes

Partey and Ceballos are going to cost at least ā‚¬80 million. Iā€™d be very surprised if Arsenal will spend that kind of money. Real are not going to do Arsenal a favor. Even if Ceballos doesnā€™t have a future there.

This rumour is Partey pushing Atletico for a new contract I still think.

No ones paying 80m for Ceballos

Transfer fees are probably going to be vastly deflated because of the crisis anyway but even if they werenā€™t Ceballos is a 30m player tops.

1 Like

I meant Partey and Ceballos together. Indeed, Partey for ā‚¬50 and Ceballos for ā‚¬30.

Yes Iā€™d probably agree with that in the market prior to what it was. If all teams are closed doors for the next year and playing itā€™ll take a hit on transfer valuations. And thatā€™s if football even restarts

I think we should sell Toreira to Italy/Spain. Try and recoup as much of the fee as possible. If we can sell Xhaka too maybe.

Torreira is worth far more than what we paid for him, whether thatā€™s as a place in our squad or resale valueā€¦

I donā€™t think he is, I consider him a flop, Milan offered less than what we paid.

Just like Iā€™m sure we offered Ozil a Ā£100k a week contract rather than ludicrous money heā€™s on now.
What one party offers doesnā€™t have any impact on what theyā€™re worth or will eventually sell for :joy:

1 Like

Milan are even dumber operating in the market than we are. Donā€™t forget, they have Ivan now.

Torreira certainly isnā€™t a flop, heā€™s shown enough quality to see thereā€™s talent. I donā€™t think Emery liked having a shorter player in midfield, he picked up injuries and now we have a new manager who might play a system that doesnā€™t suit him.

1 Like

I just donā€™t think Toreira does anything particularly well and heā€™s short, physically weak while lacking top level technical ability. When you stuggle to get in the worst Arsenal midfield in how many decades itā€™s time to move him on and replace

3 Likes

Agree to disagree. He is a better option than Xhaka, in my opinion, but Emery liked Xhakaā€™s apparently unique ability to hit a long diagonal ball with his left foot. /s

So did Wenger and Arteta. Emery isnā€™t the only one who played that wally. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh donā€™t get me wrong, we should move Xhaka on when we get the chance

:clap:

4 Likes