Thomas Partey (5)

I respect he gives all he has…
Good (enough) or not, another matter… but he is a decent rotation/sub for sure.

Isn’t Xhaka our longest serving player?

Nope we bought Pirlo january 2016 to seal the title over Leicester.

6 Likes

Damn. Almost testimonial time.

El Nenny isn’t a patch on Partey. Let’s not be silly here.

Will people start agreeing yet that he’s better than Rodri or nah

3 Likes

I feel like Rodri gets a boost because of the players around him but he isn’t a cornerstone for City the way Partey is for us.

I still give Rodri the edge but Partey is bloody brilliant.

1 Like

Partey has been better than Rodri for some time now but he will never get the acknowledgement because he isn’t playing for City, and he certainly won’t get it now after what happened in the summer.

2 Likes

He’s in the top tier of DMs, which to me is the hardest role to fill in football right now. There are probably less than 5 DMs at that absolute top level right now. There are some guys who are great at breaking up play but that don’t have the technical quality to be as useful going forward. Partey and Rodri are the only two guys in that mould in the PL although I’d probably include Fabinho based on his overall body of work over the last few seasons.

2 Likes

BIG, BIG Partey fan but let’s not pretend that he’s been consistent outside of this season. He’s amazed, underwhelmed and has been injured in almost equal measures.

2 Likes

Best player on the Pitch :star:

4 Likes

Partey, Saka, White, Xhaka(second half) and Gabriel were very good.

I thought Tomiyasu did really well when he came on as well.

1 Like

Another fantastic performance. The beating heart of Arsenal’s midfield.

5 Likes

The only midfielder who turned up tonight.

2 Likes

He was consistent the whole of last season.

Couldn’t disagree more. Did he have any shit shows? Not really from memory. Did he put together strings of World Class performances. Not really from memory. He did have a disrupted season though.

This is Thomas Partey performance chart for last season. He definitely put a string of world class performances. Always 7+

That chart indicates the opposite of always seven plus!

We should be getting the next round of news on his case sometime in the next week. Last time his bail was extended until “a date in early January.”

Odds seem pretty high of another bail extension but you never know. It would be a massive gut punch if we lost him at this stage of the season.