Thomas Partey (5)

For me his reading of the game is what stood out today.
He was half a yard ahead of everyone out there. Finding himself on the ball all game because of it.
You don’t buy that and you can’t coach it either.

17 Likes

Yeah, but also what’s great about him and gives him that extra edge, even when he gets into those tricky situations when he’s pressed he has the ability to get out of it with those silky, subtle, smooth signature moves. The way he operates with the ball is just art.

Brilliant he found his way after being quite inconsistent in his first year here. I wish we could somehow “freeze” him and keep him in this shape for like 5 years or so. We will struggle to find a proper replacement when he starts to age.

10 Likes

The man can lift Bukayo :hushed:

5 Likes

I’ve never set foot in a gym in my life and I could lift Bukayo :grin:

8 Likes

The way he shifted Loftus Cheek was just raw Ghanaian power lol

3 Likes

Didn’t even realise Loftus Cheek was playing til he got subbed.

1 Like

9 Likes

Based on a previous discussion but for how Arsenal play I prefer Partey over Rodri. Both great 6’s but nothing beats the way Partey can drive the team forward and take full control of a midfield. He was at his imperious best today.

3 Likes

Partey can do things that Rodri can’t, but I’d still say Rodri is no. 1. Crazy to think they both played for Atletico.

4 Likes

Rio Ferdinand disagrees. He thinks Partey is easily replaceable. Could play Xhaka there and be fine apparently.

Imagine getting paid thousands weekly to be completely wrong regularly.

Not just him though. I have friends who do actuallt watch football too who don’t care for him.

It reminds me of “the Makelele role”. The unsexy part of the pitch that no one takes an interest in. He’s not getting fantasy football points therefore he’s no good kinda thing.

7 Likes

Meteorologists fit this description as well.

I definitely didn’t have to Google this

Imagine not knowing the name for people who study meteors!

4 Likes

They should just call themselves shootingstarlogist to avoid confusion

Everyone is a great philosopher compared to Mcmanaman though, fuck me he is a tomato, when he’s the cocommentator you get 90 mins of constant shit takes on everything football. It’s the kind of stuff I imagine they used to torture people with at Guantanamo.

I’m sure this is meant as an insult, but whatever :sweat_smile:

I’m not ashamed. Science is my weak spot. I’m smart in other subjects. I have a history degree. And I am awesome at quizzes. My general knowledge is sublime. I always win a pub quiz. And when I watch Pointless I can usually clear the board, unless it is Science. So fuck you.

It wasn’t lol, it was just a joke about the word looking like it should relate to the study of meteors, and not weather.

Congrats on the degree tho haha

2 Likes

Sign me up

What about her pub quiz or pointless mastery? No congratulations there?