Thomas Partey (5)

He does have those periods for around 10 mins where he goes sloppy.

Really weird, he can get you wound up then absolutely balls out for the remaining 70-80 mins.

Got used to it now so just don’t get mad when he gives it away anymore, the overall game is worth it.

2 Likes

I don’t think he’s really sloppy. He just gets targeted and sometimes he’s not on his day.
Forest had the right idea trying to target Partey but he ended up overcoming that. At times he was marked by 2, 3 or even 4 players. It’s why there was so much space for the rest to run at.

This is why I want us to get a Xhaka upgrade. Teams make a choice on who they’ll focus on, whether it’s Odegaard, Partey, Saka and nowadays Jesus and Martinelli too.
A big issue late on last season was that once Partey was out, teams just set up nullifying the threat of Saka and Odegaard, if they did that well, odds are we would struggle.
This season we have more players our opposition need to worry about. Xhaka benefitted out of it the most, but I would love to see what someone more capable can do to exploit that even further.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I can’t enjoy him scoring goals which is a shame. Feels weird to see him celebrating knowing he could be behind bars in 12 months.

I hope nothing comes of it but it’s a stain.

1 Like

Personally enjoying it very much, about time his belters actually found the net.

As far as we know he’s done fuck all so until that changes, will celebrate every single goal.

9 Likes

I am the third kind. Since he will be behind bars in few months, let’s enjoy every goal he scores cause he won’t afterwards.

Other fans all acting like he’s a convicted rapist, and that it’s a disgrace we’re continuing to employ him.

I do like to gauge the temperature of other forums after we win. Spurs forums in particular go after him as a rapist.

They seem to forget they signed Bissouma who was arrested on sexual assault allegations and was on bail at the time of signing him.

Partey is playing as well as he’s ever done for us this season. I’m no psychiatrist but I think that would be very difficult to do if he had a likely prison sentence hanging over his head. And the club would want nothing to do with him if they thought he was guilty. It’s all pointing to the allegations falling away.

5 Likes

The amount of salt online if he’s found innocent/not guilty is going to be insane lol

/r/soccer will have a full on nuclear meltdown.

1 Like

I don’t think the stain will ever leave him. He’ll be known as rapist for the rest of his life, whether he’s guilty or not.

2 Likes

Not by Sane folk. Lots of crazies out there. I pray for them but stay far far away.
Man is innocent as a new born babe and it shows.

Hail to our midfield general! Long may he reign!

1 Like

Arsenal goal of the month

8 Likes

one vs spuds because it was against the spuds…simple

9 Likes

Thought he was brilliant today. Always seemed to be in the right place and kept the ball in tight positions when under pressure. We need him fit for the rest of the season!

15 Likes

Absolutely immense. One of the most dominant performance in a big game since Partey at Old Trafford in his first season. Brilliant.

9 Likes

His ability to be in the right place at the right time can’t be teached, always aware of his surroundings, which teammate and which opponent is close to him, can’t emphasize how much he’s vital to the function of this squad.

8 Likes

Agreed. Would have given him MOTM today. He just absolutely run the show. But pundits all seem to adore Saliba.

4 Likes

Such a vital cog in this team, this would be the season for a clean bill of health please, Thomas.

7 Likes

His performance v City was so much better.

Not for me. He barely misplaced a pass today, won fouls, progressed the play and broke up Chelsea’ play. 90 minutes of brilliance.

Unless you mean his City performance was better than his United performance and that’s possible. I can’t remember loads from that game to be honest.

1 Like

Some of his touches were so important and some of the pockets of space he found were invaluable. He was constantly finding space to be available to receive the ball and even when pressured he never once looked incapable of dealing with the pressure.

5 Likes