Thomas Partey (5)

There was no collapse today, it was a loss…we conceded the first 2 goals to errors.

Second goal, I think we were too aggressively seeking the win. That was a bit naive.

Arteta threw the kitchen sink with subs BUT that disrupted our rhythm as is often seen with multiple subs.

I think we collapsed after the second goal tbh but not quite in the way we have in seasons past. Just wasn’t a load of time between the gut punch, the quick patch up with subs and the knockout blow.

No time to get back into it, no time for the subs to make a difference and it was all over at 3-1 we knew it. Even if 3-1 wasn’t the killer scoreline, the manner of the goal - another counter - took the stuffing right out of us.

1 Like

We seemed to lose our shape and discipline between the second and third goals, for sure

Its normal to loose ur shape when chasing a goal. Also its normal to restrict small teams to the occasional counter attack.

:roll_eyes:

Fuck off ghana

1 Like

I don’t think so

Hope he retires from international football after the World Cup.

1 Like

Unbelievable

1 Like

Fans might not like it but you can’t stop players playing for their country.

1 Like

But they’re friendlies and he’s not even fit for club so why would he play in these meaningless games lol

Pretty sure the club will have a word with Partey and he’ll withdraw.

2 Likes

No but managers can

If my manager tries stops me playing for my country then good luck lol

1 Like

Given the club stuck by him without question over the summer as well, I think the guy can skip a couple of friendlies lol

1 Like

Friendlies I can see it maybe but I would personally like to get as many caps as possible as there might become a time when you don’t even get picked by your national manager anymore due to form, other players, age etc

So fucking predictable lol

1 Like

Are the games that important? We’ll just say he is “injured”. Given his track record, it’s not that unbelievable.

1 Like

He’s injured and won’t be going to participate in any friendlies don’t worry

1 Like

Maybe

How can there be anymore international games anyfuckingway?! There’s a poxy world cup in a few months.

Wenger needs to have a word with FIFA.

2 Likes