Thomas Partey (5)

Rush him back, hopefully kick the issue two months down the road and make it Ghana’s problem.

Sign Danilo in January n say Partey who?

2 Likes

It’s amazing how much we collapse without this guy

We were fine today. We were better everywhere we just got undone by some poor defending.

7 Likes

Yep, if there’s one positive from this game it’s that we showed we aren’t perhaps as reliant on Partey as we were last season.

14 Likes

We didn’t collapse, not every defeat is a catastrophe or a damning indictment of the team.

6 Likes

I think we’ve absolutely collapsed today, we dominated and lost 3-1 that’s a collapse if ever there was one. We fell apart completely.

7 Likes

Don’t agree at all. They made three passes and scored three goals. It’s three terrible mistakes that we’ve paid the price for as well as not being remotely clinical enough ourselves.

5 Likes
4 Likes

I agree with @SRCJJ. After their second goal we collapsed. At no point did I feel confident in us scoring afterwards. Arteta’s subs sealed that.

2 Likes

A good DoF sells high on Lokonga and then tried for a proper CM this summer.

Now every time Partey is finished we can’t go to any big side.

I sound like a broken record but why does Zinchenko have to be locked to LB? He can play the CM position extremely well

1 Like

but will be out after 2 games…i give upon him, gets into the squad gets up to scratch and we seem to turn a corner then he is out. Same cycle every season now think we should sell tbh.

Tbf, it’s a tough position to recruit, especially if you want a good player in.
Partey is like a rainbow. He has it all. Really tough to find someone like him unless you spend big money on them. Then you have the issue of having to bench one.

It’s definitely something the club needs to be focusing on going forward. As soon as the club decided Lokonga was more of an #8 they should have recruited a proper understudy to Partey and not rely on Elneny.
Players like Elneny should be the emergency options, not a cover.

2 Likes

You know that only means he’s that much closer to his next injury. Reminds me of Ledley King at the Scum. Let’s hope Danilo is half decent so we don’t have to rely on him so much, and then maybe, move him on next summer.

1 Like

Guimaeres appears to have it all…

Anyways, I digress, Lokonga ain’t it and we had better available in the market this season.

Weren’t proactive enough.
Will cost us.

1 Like

He doesn’t. I’ve seen the same naivety from Bruno too.
The City game was a big one. They were up 3-1 and just had to manage the game but he was often pressing way high up the pitch. City exploited the space he used to leave open and got back into the game.

1 Like

Is he better than Lokonga?

I’d like to see him there tbh.

I think KT is better than Zinc on the back foot and defensive third, not by much though

1 Like

I didnt watch today, but three terrible mistakes sounds like a recipe for a collapse, rather than a reason why it’s not a collapse.

I guess I’ll catch the highlights if I can bring myself to.

You can play your game, look the better side and not take your chances then be undone by a few moments. I don’t think there is any one way to define a collapse (also not saying you said that) but I didn’t see any collapse today.

4 Likes