Thomas Partey (5)

If we as a club allow Partey to go on his International duties, we are limpdicks

1 Like

I donā€™t think heā€™ll go but even if he does friendlies are played at such pedestrian pace Iā€™m not concerned

Partey muscle issues are likely linked to the intensity of the PL more than anything else

1 Like

I donā€™t mind him going, just so long as his fitness is managed properly. Playing one half in each game should get him sharp for Arsenal when the international break is finished.

If there is any doubt about his fitness at all then he should obviously stay at home.

1 Like

When heā€™s fully fit yes I think so too but if heā€™s 80-90% fit we donā€™t want him risking that gap for ghanian friendlies ffs, even if they arenā€™t played at a high tempo.

Risk it for us against Spurs on 1st Oct instead.

1 Like

Itā€™s bad enough the World Cup is being held during the PL season but I thought at least we wouldnā€™t have to put up with meaningless friendlies.

As if these games are going to make the slightest difference to the performances in the actual tournament.

3 Likes

Def wouldnā€™t want him going even if itā€™s a friendly. All it takes is one wrong cut and heā€™s out for Spurs and probably through the rest of our pre-WC matches.

If he is not fit for the club, he cant be fit for country NO?

5 Likes

If your training, your replicating football situations.
Can get as injured just as easy in training. If heā€™s at a required match fit level he can negotiate playing time for Ghana.

1 Like

Except the Ghana Football Federation donā€™t give a shit if heā€™s overplayed or not ready to come back to Arsenal. Theyā€™re working on a total different timeline than we are. Sure they probably donā€™t want him to break his leg and be out for the WC but they donā€™t care at all if they send him back after playing 180 minutes after passing a late fitness test.

I think itā€™s in the best interest of Ghana federation to make sure heā€™s match fit and ready for the World Cup. I doubt theyā€™ll put him in any risky situations

3 Likes

They havenā€™t done anything wrong here. They have just requested his inclusion for a few weeks time.
People need to get the toys back in the pram. The club will deal with it and make a decision. We wonā€™t send him if heā€™s injured. It might actually benefit us depending on where heā€™s at game time wise.

4 Likes

Boring, now I have to pick my dummy up when I was having fun throwing it ffs.

Kids gotta learn though. Otherwise will be picking up after them for years.

What a boss in that midfield. It was 3v2 in there, and they didnā€™t get a sniff all match.

6 Likes

ā€¦.

ā€˜Knockā€™

5 Likes

Like fucking clockwork. This fucking guy.

He doesnā€™t chose to be injured lol

Iā€™m not blaming him, just more lamenting the situation. It was totally predictable heā€™d get hurt going on international duty though.

We really need to get Danilo in January, not just for this season but going forward. Parteyā€™s availability isnā€™t going to get better as he gets older.

8 Likes