Thomas Meunier

Yeah it really doesn’t make a lot of sense… I wonder how the inverted FB would work out - has Meunier played that previously?

Think this rumour is a big load of guff.

2 Likes

I love Meunier, this is a signing that would instantly improve us.

1 Like

I was worried I was the only one who rated him

1 Like

Never seen him play there myself. Btw, this could very well be his agent trying to get his client a new contract. Apparently PSG haven’t offered him one yet

Whether he is good or not isn’t my issue. It’s more that given the mess our squad is in, he shouldn’t be a priority. Having two decent players, who should both be first choice, for one position seems a bit silly given we have only shit players for other positions.

1 Like

This side needs 4 quality full backs for depth/competition.

I’d argue signing new LB and RB is crucial. You can get good talent for peanuts

Of course, but i’d rather have a decent starting XI before we work on depth. If we can afford to do all that, then great.

No that wasn’t what I meant in my post :blush:

I just meant very generally (taken away from whether we want him or not) - it didn’t feel like many people were that keen on him as a player.

On your point though, that is fair enough and I totally see why you’d think that. I don’t actually disagree massively when it comes to priorities. Although I do argue we have suffered badly on the RB position since Hector went out.

I think I just feel this way because Meunier is a player I specifically do like before his name cropped up in the rumour mill and yes, I think he would even be an upgrade on Hector.

1 Like

Amn is legit one of the worst players in our starting eleven at the moment. Bringing in a solid and experienced RB is vital.

Who knows if Bellerin will even be fit enough to play much next season anyway. That being said I actually think Meunier would start over Bellerin anyway, so I view this as a straight upgrade to the starting 11.

If it means AMN can actually develop as a CM then cool.

What I don’t like is the intentions behind the signing.

With Guendo here that’s probably not going to happen either. We should be looking to loan/sell Amn I reckon.

1 Like

If these rumours are to be believed we’re going to rock up to next season with comfortably the worst midfield out of the top six.

Happy days.

1 Like

Do you even watch football?

Ideally get the Swiss fucker out.

If you hate Ozil then what about

Guen - Torreira - AMN?

I’m sick of this same old shit.

Seems a lateral move to me, replace Xhaka’s mobility with some kid who barely resembles a footballer at times.

But I do agree we need to go back to a pragmatic 3 man hybrid midfield, sell Ozil and be done with the CAM role for a few years. We can’t afford any luxuries right now and we damn sure can’t be spending time holding players like AMN by the hand to see if they can cut it at this level. Looking at Iwobi too, we need to be ruthless with our youth if we don’t want to perpetually be a Europa team.

As for who can be that 3rd CM I have no idea, Naingolen/Vidal hybrid types don’t grow on trees. I’d personally take a punt at Neves or Tielmanns before going to look at Rabiot who will be all ego and drama which we know Emery can’t handle.

Yeah I can’t see this having any legs.

Even if Meunier is a really good player (I’m no expert on him), blowing more than half of our rumoured budget on a position so far down the list in terms of our priorities this summer would seem a very stupid decision.

We need a CB, a winger, and probably a LB and CM as well, so this wouldn’t make a lot of sense.

Lol phrasing it like that makes 25 mil -which is very good value for a player like this- sound like quite a princely sum.

If we genuinely have 40m to spend this summer, do you think it’s smart spending that amount of money on a position that isn’t close to the top of our list?

Forget about the quality of the player, we’d have 15m remaining and whatever we can scrape together from any other sales to get a CB, a winger and whatever else we think we need (I’d say a LB for sure).

Do you think that would be a good idea?

I think this is just media spin tbh.

1 Like