Things You Want, but Can't Afford

Saw this on one of my websites earlier, and it got me thinking…

What would you love to have, but either, cannot afford it, or cannot justify it…

The Hydroflyer | A feeling like no other…

1 Like

Time :wink:

5 Likes

DVD box set of Minder

3 Likes

Tesla model 3

2 Likes

2020-06-04T082350Z_2051160782_RC282H92C2GU_RTRMADP_3_BPCL-RESULTS_1592796581881_1592796593873

2 Likes

Gal Gadot

1 Like

an island all to myself

Haaland

1 Like

A woman

3 Likes

New teeth

1 Like

It isn’t that I can’t afford it but I’m currently trying to figure out if getting an extension built next year is the right thing to do or if putting it off for another couple of years might make more sense as might save a few grand that way plus have a good amount more as a starting point.

3 Likes

I’m in a similar situation, I am looking at putting up a large shed / man cave, at the bottom of my garden, which will cost me about 5-8 grand…
I can do it, but I am just undecided as to whether it’s the right time, or should I wait a couple of years…

Decisions, decisions…

2 Likes
3 Likes

With the new baby coming I’m going to need something to haul the family around. Always wanted a 4runner but it might make more sense to go for the GX as it’s bigger and the base model comes with more features than the fully loaded 4Runner.

Both are quality though.

6 Likes

That’s all well and good but have you considered a cargo bike? :grin:

3 Likes

It’s always the right time, not to be preachy or lecture anyone but life’s to short to put off anything you really really want or want to do. Sometimes you never end up doing it then you think back and be like “man if I had just done x thing then I would have Y by now”.

We should all do what we want whenever we want. It’s the big beat manifesto and how we should all live, “big beats are the best get high all the time!”

@KITN haven’t seen the new model runners but extensively used the Landcruiser models through out my time at work and those cars are absolute beasts, talking arid desert terrain, talking sand, talking sometimes below 10c degrees weather and 50cm of snow, literally can handle anything. The GXR models are good but I’ve found their usually lacking some of the quality of life improvements like you get with the VXRs.

1 Like

I’d love a Land Cruiser even a Prado which the GX is similar to. Problem is Cruisers are stupid expensive.

Buying a car is such a hassle. Dickhead salesmen are the worst part of the whole experience.

2 Likes

You know Lexus is basically having the same engine of Toyota, right?
If you are not really fancy of the brand, there is no need to “upgrade” from Toyota to Lexus, and saves you some money.

Yeah Lexus is Toyota’s luxury brand. The price difference between the two vehicles is around $3000.

The Lexus is bigger and comes with more features hence why it might be the better option for the price.

1 Like

Are those “extra” features really what you need?