Thierry Henry

Titi and Abdo sharing a vegan roll. Eating from the same part of it. We’re supposed to believe that they weren’t involved?

Great content. Let’s be real, England isn’t going to perform well in anything food related. Always thought Haribo were Danish.

Don’t think I’ll ever see a better player at Arsenal

5 Likes

Was watching that this afternoon and was about to post it but only decided not to in the end…

“He’s like a laxative”

:martinelli:
:pires2:
:partey:

Doesn’t get used often enough…

That vid actually doesn’t do him justice. Expected more praise tbh.

Yeah, I absolutely don’t expect too see anyone as good as him at Arsenal in my lifetime.

1 Like

You’ll never see a better player in the PL either :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

O2 sponsored Henry was just ridiculous.

I feel sorry for the generations of fans that never got to witness the magic of this man.

Henry was the best striker we’ve had but playing alongside Bergkamp, Pures, Ljungberg, Vieira, etc, was the icing on the cake.

Without Henry, how many EPL campaigns under Wenger do you all think we’d have won?

He was just that damn good! Should’ve had far more to his name and a few Balon d’Ors to boot.

I never think about this tbh. How many United would have won without Cole and Yorke?

1 Like

Should have won the first one without him :santi:

https://x.com/stopthattiti/status/1807863014269317369?s=46&t=eJpgg6uHWRsStnASv-OePg

20 years on and we still slander Franny Jeffers. I love this game

https://x.com/StopThatTiti/status/1808537344473190759

2 Likes

I genuinely love forwards who decided to drop deep and decide to either dribble past everyone and score or shoot from an unhinged distance and score.

And imagine there are people who still think CR7 was anywhere near Henry in the PL…
I’m sad for those.

To say Cristiano Ronaldo “wasn’t anywhere near” Henry while they both played in the PL is a little bold.

What Ronaldo did in 06/07 and 07/08 for United was nothing short of remarkable.

2 Likes

Yeah, don’t get me wrong Titi is the king of the PL but Ronaldo for like 2-3 years was insane.
I think him, Bale and Suarez are probably the three forwards where games sometimes didn’t even feel fair.

I guess Hazard could be another, had he not played for Chelsea I think he’d be able to essentially do what they did more frequently.

His goal tally in 08 was remarkable and that’s about it. I don’t think he was ever near Henry regarding the overall impact on the pitch.

His very influence on the pitch in both of those seasons mentioned rivals Henry’s best seasons.

How he came back from the World Cup in 06 where it looked for all the world like he’d be ousted out of Manchester United, took on the juggernaut that was Chelsea and won the league and proceeded to win the double the season after is, frankly, mind-boggling. That’s not to mention just how frighteningly (and frustratingly!) skillful he was back then.

1 Like

I don’t think there was anything remarkable in what he did in 07, in terms of best individual seasons in the PL.

Again, I don’t think in 2008, obviously his best PL season, he was on the level of some of Henry’s best seasons, or Suarez in 2014…
This might be surprising and unpopular, but for me Bale was also more impressive in 2013 that Ronaldo ever was in the PL.

I suppose the original quote you had in this is that Ronaldo wasn’t anywhere near Henry. He might not have been at Henry’s level (I do agree with this), but he was near. In those 2 seasons, most definitely.

I agree with @DavidHillier here… CR7 was absolutely close to Henry’s level in those two seasons. He was incredible. He was a complete player around those times.

I’d put him (06-08), Suarez (13-14) and Henry (02-05) as probably the very three highest peaks any players hit in the PL.

5 Likes