Thierry Henry

I will fight anyone who says that

1 Like

If you had to choose between Arteta and Henry though who would you pick?

Henry in almost every situation

1 Like

2 Likes

In good company at Barca then

Gauntlet laid down @sevchenko

1 Like

Iā€™ll get my shit kicked in but Iā€™ll go down swinging for my legendary king Titi

5 Likes

Explains Spotify Camp Nou

Once a gooner always a gooner. . .yeah right.

I dunno, I donā€™t read too much into it. I always think heā€™ll be more Arsenal than B-arse-elona.

Itā€™s a bit like Wrighty is more of a Gooner but heā€™ll maintain a soft spot for Palace.

Yeah probably. Just thought it always left a bad taste after the final.
He was giving them grief at the final whistle and next thing he signed for them.
That the turning point for the club those couple of things that we havenā€™t quite ever recovered from yet.

2 Likes

If we had won the CL I wonder whatā€™s his actions wouldā€™ve been.

Feel like he would of jumped to Barcelona either way.

1 Like

The CL final loss still brings about a certain sense of heartache, mostly because of how close we were to winning one. Now itā€™s an uphill battle to reach the CL, let alone win one.

I must remind you that Thierry did in fact sign a new contract after the final and left a year later

2 Likes

Fair point.

Tbh it felt inevitable that heā€™d move on eventually while he was still at a decent level.

I was young when it happened but I got the impression it was very much a case of ā€œthanks for all the years of amazing performances, you can join a big European club for the last couple of decent years of your career before heading off to the MLSā€ rather than an RVP/Nasri etc ā€œArsenal sucks, I want to win trophiesā€ type situation. Back then we were only on a small trophy drought/PL title drought.

3 Likes
4 Likes

In fairness to Ramos he was a kid when Henry was bullying him haha.

He also probably didnā€™t peak as a defender for another 7-8 years after the Barca-Madrid clips

He was always a donkey tbf.

Nah. Ramos was a cunt but in his older age he certainly became a high quality defender. Without a shadow of a doubt.