Thierry Henry

Sorry mate, but your idea of who does or doesn’t qualify as a prick is interesting to say to the least. A club legend having Liverpool as his second favorite team is a prick, but at the same time you idolize Ronaldo, who has solid evidence against him showing that he is probably a rapist, and Mourinho, a guy who managed three of our biggest rivals? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Arsenal is the club that I love, Thierry is an Arsenal legend and was my guy in the past. There is sense of betrayal when he says he wished he played for Liverpool.
But it isn’t just that though.
His forced criticism back when he was a pundit for Sky Sports. The way he does it now too.
Hell, I’ll have a better time picking the positives things he says about us nowadays because they’re so few.
I don’t think Thierry is a dumb individual, I think the stuff he says is very calculated and seeing an Arsenal guy throwing shade at Arsenal every chance is shite to see.

1 Like

Yeah, I am in the HateHenry group.

I get a similar level of betrayal if a player’s favourite colour is not red. I mean WTF

Are you saying lifelong supporters are pricks if they dare criticise Arsenal, why should Henry be any different from the rest of us?

1 Like

He’s always said he loves Anfield to be fair. I don’t see anything wrong in his comments, he clearly loves this club and has proved that.

If he criticises Arteta or the current board I don’t really give a fuck, they are not immune from crticism.

I’ll never throw shade at the :goat:, short memories indeed

8 Likes

There is genuine criticism and there’s criticism for the sake of it, an agenda so to speak.
You should know from being here that the latter doesn’t go down well here.
I think Thierry’s criticism is often too much, done in a way to sound controversial for TV or to put pressure on Arsenal. With his recent involvement with Ek being interested in Arsenal, it doesn’t paint him in a good a light.

1 Like

What has he said that was in your opinion ”too much”?

Think it’s an issue of the past vs present for the former greats doing talk shows. Most of their criticism will always be over the top because they can’t be on the pitch and have to talk from the box. It’s as simple as that.

1 Like

Feeling betrayal if he actually played for Liverpool would be natural, but it’s wishful thinking to assume that most players, legendary or not, do not wish about playing for other big clubs in England. We don’t even have such a big rivalry with Liverpool as far as I know, it’s not like he said Manchester United.

It is not really unnatural to criticize the club given how it’s being and has been ran, top to bottom. It’s obviously going to be infuriating to watch the club that you dedicated so much of your life to doing the equivalent of a pig rolling in its own shit. The ownership and management are not above criticism.

I can’t really comment on what Henry says on uk tv as I don’t have access to it, but I just feel former players have just as much right to criticise as anyone else. I think it would be disingenuous of him if he was heaping constant praise when the club at the moment isn’t performing to the levels that he was used to when he was here.

Exactly this.

Merse hates on us. But I love the guy absolutely a legend

2 Likes

He doesn’t hate on us. His takes sometimes are outlandish but he isn’t biased or anything. You’ll also find his takes age very well.

1 Like

Are people really turning on Henry? Our greatest ever player? This fan base man :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

You’re missing the point here. Who says he’s not allowed to criticize the club?
I’m talking criticism for the sake of it to the point that it feels like an agenda. You know, like BigWeng. Obviously Thierry isn’t as muffled or extremist like him but it’s rarely you’ll hear him say something positive about us unless it’s about praising his boys Ozil, Auba or Laca.

Same goes for Arsene, but it happens in here, and I don’t know why, esp. when it comes to his Highbury era now. Are they different.? I don’t think so, but might be wrong. Looks like culture is reducing people into destructive heathens right now where hardly any icons will be safe, and hence little joy.

Distinctly remember it was 14 mil at least according to Sky. Was laughable

Henry’s not perfect but this is such rubbish you’re stating here. Typical modern day issue with everything type of take. Our club has been shit for a very long time and it comes with criticism.

6 Likes

Yet another one missing the point.
Coolio. Said my piece. :ok_hand:

Casuals like you dont understand actual love for the club that Thierry Henry and I have. We see the club is headed down the wrong path. Hired shit managers, and just in general making flat brain decisions. This isnt Oxford United my dood where ur just happy to make it to match and have a nice day out at football. Arsenal are massive and should be at the top of the sport. Hardcore supporters with a passion for Arsenal, like Thierry Henry, won’t accept this mediocre shit he’s being served up.

5 Likes

Ngl my respect for Thierry only went up after his comments in recent years

1 Like